Discovery Education Assessment(DEA)
Winter Edition: How will we use the data? Bradley West
Reminder: How to view results?
2. Click on assessments.
3. Under INTERIM BENCHMARKS, click on view Benchmark reports.
4. All reports on shown on this screen. The PDF Individual Student is the one we print to go home.
5. Click view and select the class or student you want to view. ( I like to check box the the "Add reporting Category Descriptions" & State Scores). Click view report.
- If you select a student, you have the option of seeing Multiple years of DEA testing.
How Can We Use Data to Improve Student Learning?
- Create routines with data/ standards
- Have students be part of the process
DEA results and growth
Note: Each teacher can view their own class drilldown reports.
Discussion and Action Questions: Please answer on team notes
This is just one type of report, but a good start for team analysis. Please use other reports as needed.
- Identify the strand(s) your grade level demonstrates the highest proficiency for ELA.
- Identify the strand(s) your grade level demonstrates the lowest proficiency for ELA.
- Identify the strand(s) your grade level demonstrates the highest proficiency for Math.
- Identify the strand(s) your grade level demonstrates the lowest proficiency for Math.
- Is there an area in which none of us achieved the results we expected?
- What do we need to learn as a team to teach this skill more effectively?
- What goal/ action are we going to take for improving the next round of DEA testing?
How to Motivate Students?
- Student discussions & conversations are so important now with the new standards.
- Take time to talk to each student about the test scores. Suggestions: Have students record on a growth chart. Put students in charge of their scores and growth.
- ACTION TIME: How will you or your team start to motivate student reflection on their data?
Found in StaffShare "Data" folder
Found in StaffShare->your school-> RtI-> "Teacher Data Charts 2015-16"
(use this for PERA and RtI)
Check out the ideas on pinterest!
What is next?
- Use the Streaming videos and Probes to help you teach or re-teach areas.
How to Use Probes and TEAs (Technology Enhanced Assessments) in Discovery
Under the Assessment tab
Below the Benchmark tab is "Technology Enhanced Assessments" & the Progress zone".
Administer technology enhanced assessments designed to expose students to new item types.
We are seeing overwhelming student growth with the teachers that use TEAs and Probes as re-teaching methods!
Under the Assessment tab
- There are enough probes for you not to "re-create" the wheel. But you could make your own even as an EXIT TICKET.
- Make a quiz- you do not have to grade!
ISBE Standards & Assessment updates
The classroom assessments are resources to help teachers determine local performance expectations for the Illinois Learning Standards at each grade level. Each assessment includes:
· Performance Standard: description of the performance to be assessed.
· Assessment Procedures: step-by-step directions for administering the assessment.
· Evaluation Procedures: evaluating evidence that the student work meets the criteria stated in the rubric.
· Rubric: criteria for evaluating student work and determining the levels of performance.
· Student Work: examples of student work validated by educators at the “meets” and “exceeds” performance levels.