A Look Ahead to the Week
Academic Pep Rally Week
Spring Fling / Mud Run
Fine Arts Academic Team
Random Facts of the Week!
- France has the most time zones of any individual country in the world (it has 12, Russia has 9).
- Hippos are super mean; they often attack people and crocodiles with no provocation.
- According to the Food Safety and Inspection Service of the U.S., you can eat shelled eggs up to three weeks after their expiration date as long as they've been refrigerated.
- Killer Whales often hunt sharks, and will usually flip them over on their backs.
- Sherlock Holmes is the most often-displayed fictional character on TV and in movies.
- The Great Wall of China was built over 2,000 years ago. In Chinese it is called "Wan-Li Qang-Qeng" which means 10,000 Li Long Wall (10,000 Li = 5,000 km). The actual length of the wall is much longer than 5,000 km.
- Cats are more closely related to hyenas than dogs are, while dogs are more closely related to raccoons.
- The "G" on the Green Bay Packer's helmets actually stands for Greatness, not Green Bay.
Bad Joke of the Week
School Home Stretch
- A high school in Minnesota's class of 2006 stopped traffic for nearly 10 minutes by walking across a crosswalk. The same students could walk across the same crosswalk in the same direction due to an underground tunnel that went back to the other side of the road. Some students wore costumes to drive the motorists extra crazy.
- A high school in Santa Barbara, California hired a four person mariachi band to follow their principal around for 90 minutes.
Calendar Reminders (and home sports events)
Monday, May 9
- 7th grade science day at 4-H fair grounds
- Washington DC trip return
- Varsity boys golf vs South Spencer at 4:30
- V/JV baseball vs Bosse at 4:30
Tuesday, May 10
- Grades 7-11 football meeting in auditorium at 1:00
- Varsity girls track PAC at 5:30
- School Board Meeting in library at 7:00 pm
Wednesday, May 11
- 8th grade field trip
- House/Go RED Activities: Spanish Club - auditorium, Robotics - Room 614
- Varsity softball vs Boonville at 5:30
- Varsity boys track PAC at 5:30
Friday, May 13
- Academic Pep Rally in auditorium
- Spring Fling
- JH Mud Run
Saturday, May 14
- Varsity Softball vs North Harrison at 10:00 am
- Staff Cook-out
Menu (May 09 - 13)
- Breakfast - Pop tart, cereal, fruit, juice/milk
- Lunch - Chicken breast sandwich, french fries, carrot sticks w/Dip, fruit/milk
- Breakfast - Biscuits & gravy, hash browns, fruit, juice/milk
- Lunch - Chicken nuggets, mashed potatoes w/gravy, green beans, wheat bread, fruit/milk
- Breakfast - Breakfast Pizza, cereal, fruit, juice/milk
- Lunch - Turkey Deli Sandwich, lettuce/tomatoe, broccoli w/dip, baked chips, pudding, fruit/milk
- Breakfast - Bacon/scrambled eggs, toast, fruit, juice/milk
- Lunch - Walking tacos w/cheese, lettuce & salsa, refried beans, cookies, fruit/milk
- Breakfast - Waffles w/Syrup, sausage, fruit, juice/milk
- Lunch - Hamburger or hot dog, creek fries, baked beans, fruit/milk
Bad Joke answer
It's 90 degrees!
Congrats to Allison Whitworth for getting that joke on the Minute! If you have a joke that you want to submit, email it to firstname.lastname@example.org and it might make it onto the Minute!