May 9, 2016
Egg Drop Materials are Due Wednesday, May 18
End of the Year Events Coming Up!
May 13-18--Egg Drop Materials Due to class. Last day to bring materials is Wednesday May 18.
May 19th-- 1st Grade Field Trip to Children’s Museum (Chaperones NEEDED)
May 20 -- Field Day! (Volunteers NEEDED, please email Mrs. Berkowitz at: Marla.Berkowitz@fortbendisd.com
Students will be playing with water, please bring an extra change of clothes! Don’t forget SUNSCREEN!!!!!
May 25th-- 1st Grade AWARDS at 8:30 AM in café --Looking forward to having you join us as we celebrate your child’s year of accomplishments!
End of the Year Fun Requests (totally optional, of course!)
Here are the things I need to make this happen. If you are able to donate any of them, let me know!
- 23 Ice pops (the liquid kind you freeze) "Fla-Va-Ice" is the brand, but generic is great!
- Another 23 Ice pops (we do this on 2 different days)
- 5 cans of silly string
- 5 more cans of silly string (keeping cost down for each donater!)
- 1-2 tubs of of sidewalk chalk (enough for 23 kids)
- Double Bubble Bubble Gum (23 pieces for 23 kids--find it at dollar tree)
- Bubbles! (4 six packs-find them at dollar tree)
- big bag of pre-popped popcorn (walmart? or heb? not sure) enough for 23 kids
- donut holes on the last day of school (2-3 per child)
- juice for the last day (either capri sun style or 2 large cartons)
Field Trip WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- ALL STUDENTS will need their lunch from home in A ZIPLOC OR PAPER BAG. (All lunch items and containers need to be throw-away.)
- Write your child's NAME on their lunch ziploc/paper bag.
- Wear tennis shoes, pants or shorts, and an APE shirt if your child has one. (A red shirt, if not.)
- Want to tag along? Great! Send us $4.00 cash. You'll have to drive yourself.
- Bus spots are filled.
Field Day Is Friday, May 20!
We will prepare our egg capsules on WEDNESDAY MAY 18 due to the Field Trip this year. Each child will need materials from home and some sort of idea of how they are going to protect their egg!
On Friday, May 20, only a sack lunch will be available from the cafeteria. No hot lunches. An order form will be sent home next week.
Reflex Math is a fantastic program that students love! Help build your math fact fluency in a fun game format. Logins and passwords are inside your daily folder.
Learning.com builds computer readiness skills. Students are required by the district to utilize this great resource. The class with the most logins wins! Logins and passwords are inside yourdaily folder.
An email must be sent to Mrs. Miller before 2:15 p.m prior to or on the day of the dismissal change. firstname.lastname@example.org
***Email must include the following:
a. Student’s name
b. Teacher’s name
c. Your name and relationship to student
d. Your phone number for verification purposes
e. Time of pickup (no dismissals after 2:45 p.m.)
f. Reason for the change
Absence Excuse Notes also need to be emailed or cc’ed to email@example.com
It's a good idea to get one or two levels below their reading level (just for fun, builds confidence, can work on expression) and a few levels above their level to grow into and challenge them.
Reading is the Most Important Homework
The most important homework you do each night is to READ!
The other homework assigned is meant as an extension of learning, daily good habits, and building responsibility.
Students will keep 3-4 books inside their Guided Reading Bag at all times and I will rotate the oldest one out as we get a new book each week. The Book Log inside the Guided Reading Journal is for Teacher Use Only, please.
Water bottles: Remember, no water bottles with “screw on” caps. We need a secure, pop up or flip up lid. Thank you so much for your help!
We eat snack at about 1:45 each day. You may send a small snack to school with your child. Grapes, apple slices, cheez-its, goldfish, pretzels, plain popcorn, or crackers are a great snack. NO peanut products are allowed for snack.
Please sign the bottom of your child's homework each week. Homework should only be about 20 minutes a night in first grade. Don't stress over it!