The Gayman Gazette
"Every time we act, we send ripples into the world."
May 29, 2015
- May 30th - Ripple Round-Up Spring Fair from 11:00 AM - 3:00 PM
- June 1st - 2nd Grade to Keswick Theater
- June 2nd - Volunteer Breakfast @ 8:00 AM
- June 2nd - Spring Concert @ Tohickon - 7:00 PM
- June 3rd - 3rd Grade to Franklin Institute
- June 5th - Field Day
- June 6th - Fitness Run and Family One-Mile Fun Run @ 9:00 AM
- June 6th - Trenton Thunder @ 7:00 PM
- June 8th - Spirit Assembly @ 10:00 AM
- June 9th - 6th Grade to Dorney Park
- June 11th - HSA End of the Year Picnic @ 6:00 PM
- June 12th - Field Day Rain Date
- June 17th - Move-Up Day @ 8:45 AM
- June 17th - 6th Grade Promotion @ Tohickon @ 6:30 PM
- June 17th - 6th Grade Celebration @ Gayman @ 7:30 PM
- June 17th - Last Day of School for AM Kindergarten
- June 18th - Early Dismissal @ 11:55 AM (No AM Kindergarten)
Gayman Staff Prevails
Kids Care Club Honors Earth Day
On April 23rd, Kids Care Club met to honor Earth Day. We learned about growing food with our own Mr. Grace, teacher and farmer extraordinaire. He brought in his personal worm collection to illustrate the benefits of composting and helped us plant vegetable seeds to take home. We learned about vegetables and fruits and all the benefits of the great things that grow in the earth from Kristie Finnan, registered dietician and mother of 4th grader, Katie Finnan. And to show the power of what many hands can do, we collected food for the needy in our own area, especially children. The volunteers at Bucks County Housing group were physically moved by the overwhelming generosity and kindness of Gayman and our Kids Care Club. Kids DO have the power make a difference in their community. Thanks to all, and a special thank you from the Bucks County Housing Group!!
GaGa Pit Arriving Soon
The GHSA and Mr. Testani would like to update you with the status of the GaGa pit. As you know, the process of constructing our GaGa pit has taken longer than originally expected. When we approached the School District about this project in October, they informed us that other schools were looking into building GaGa pits as well. Due to the number of schools interested, the District decided to standardize the process for procuring the necessary materials and labor to build the GaGa pits. Through this standardization, the District's intent was to ensure that the children's health and safety were of the highest priority. After due diligence, it was determined that our original vendor's materials may have had questionable components, unsafe for use in GaGa pits. Subsequently, the District selected an alternative vendor. We are happy to inform everyone that the GaGa Pit has shipped and is en route! We will update you once the GaGa pit has arrived.
Red Ribbon Logo Winners
The Diary of Anne Frank CB East Play
MARK YOUR CALENDARS: The CB East Patriot Players will proudly present the Pulitzer Prize winning play The Diary of Anne Frank. Directed by Mrs. Sasha Eisenberg, the performances are on May 29 and 30 at 7:30 pm in the CB East Auditorium. This poignant story, dramatized by Frances Goodrich and Albert Hackett, is described by the New York Herald-Tribune as "life in its warmth, its wonder, its spasms of anguish and its wild and flaring humor...Goodrich and Hackett have fashioned a wonderfully sensitive and theatrically craftsman like narrative out of the real-life legacy left us by a spirited and straightforward Jewish girl...as bright and shining as a banner."
Tickets are only $5 and are available at the door on the evening of the performances.