Fifth Grade News
Mrs. Getchman ~ February 8, 2018
* Spell words with suffixes -er, -est, -ed, -ing
* Write to persuade
* Use italics, underlining, and quotation marks correctly for titles of works
* Solve real-world problems involving fractions and mixed numbers
* Locate and spell states and capitals in the NE region
* Compare three colonial regions
* Use persuasion to convince others to live in "your" colony.
* Appreciate the importance of the Eucharist
* Identify the Eucharist as a meal, memorial, and sacrifice
As disciples of Jesus Christ, Saint Michael Parish school students: Give generously from their hearts by participating in parish and community stewardship.
The source and summit of our faith
"Waters of the Earth"
Be kinder than is necessary
Dear Fifth Grade Families:
Our final numbers for our wreath sales are in! Through your hard work we were able to raise $12,759.22. Unfortunately, this is not enough to fully fund our trip to the Shakespeare Festival in Ashland, Oregon. Families have always been responsible for meals and spending money ($50-100). This year, we will need an additional $52 to meet our budget, which includes hotel, show tickets, tours, ice cream, one lunch and other miscellaneous expenses.
We will be sending out permission slips in April at which time we will need to collect the $52. Students will arrive with their meal and spending money on the day we depart for Ashland on June 12th.
No student will be denied the opportunity to go to the festival due to the inability to pay. If this is a hardship on your family, please contact Mr. Geraghty.
Congratulations to the following parents who will be chaperoning our trip:
Permission slips and information packets will come out in April.