Week of September 26-30, 2022
- Para traduzir este boletim, clique nele e depois use o link acima.
- Para traducir este boletín, haga clic en él y luego use el enlace de arriba.
- لترجمة هذه النشرة الإخبارية ، انقر عليها ثم استخدم الرابط أعلاه.
- Чтобы перевести этот информационный бюллетень, нажмите на него, а затем используйте ссылку выше.
- اس نیوز لیٹر کا ترجمہ کرنے کے لیے، اس پر کلک کریں اور پھر اوپر کا لنک استعمال کریں۔
- Այս տեղեկագիրը թարգմանելու համար սեղմեք դրա վրա և օգտագործեք վերը նշված հղումը:
Monochromatic Self-Portrait Mural
During the first weeks of school, K-5 artists created self-portraits demonstrating a monochromatic color scheme with different shades in a single color family, using markers, crayons, and/or colored pencils.
Note from Ms. Moulton
Greetings Hosmer Families!
Yesterday afternoon I spent some time at Faire on the Square where I saw many Hosmer Huskies enjoying the beautiful day! Watertown really is a special place.
Thank you to all of those who were able to attend Open House last week. It was wonderful to be able to welcome you all back into our building once again. During the event, many people inquired about the expected completion date for the park. We are hopeful that this will be completed by November.
Morning Meeting with Grown-Ups - Grades 4 & 5
Our next opportunity for you to visit the school is coming up as we begin welcoming parents/guardians to attend Morning Meeting with students. This week we will welcome adults to 5th grade on Wednesday and to 4th grade on Friday. Both events will begin at 8:15. Please note that adults will not be allowed to enter the building until that time so that we can welcome all students to school in the normal fashion. Following the classroom event, you are welcome to join me and Mrs. Fitzpatrick in the Learning Commons for an informal gathering.
Wednesday is a Half-Day of School
Students will be released at 12:15. A Grab & Go Lunch is available.
School Picture Day is Thursday!
Individual and class photos will be taken this Thursday. More information is included below.
Hosmer School to Appear on "Ask This Old House" this Thursday at 8:30 pm
Some of you may remember that "Ask This Old House" visited Hosmer last June. During this time they filmed an episode on composting with students and helped us by building a compost bin in our new garden. The episode is scheduled to air on WGBH this Thursday evening at 8:30! We hope you will tune in!
As always, thank you for supporting our wonderful school!
With a grateful heart,
Erin L. Moulton
Mark Your Calendar
- Wednesday, September 28th - Grade 5 Morning Meeting with the Class & Gathering with the Principal, Doors open for adults at 8:15am
- Wednesday, September 28th - 12:15 Dismissal all students - Grab and Go Lunch provided
- Thursday, September 29th - SCHOOL PICTURE DAY
- Friday, September 30th - Grade 4 Morning Meeting with the Class & Gathering with the Principal, Doors open for adults at 8:15am
- Thursday, October 6th- Welcome Picnic Sponsored by PTO 5pm
Hosmer: Did You Know?
This year we will begin a composting initiative! Employees in our school kitchen have already begun. Throughout the year, students will learn about composting and will begin to compost in the cafeteria. We will start this learning with our oldest students in the coming months.
This will be highlighted in the "Ask This Old House" episode airing on Thursday at 8:30pm.
Morning Meeting with the Class & Coffee with the Principal
Over the next several weeks, we will welcome grown-ups to Morning Meeting with the class followed by coffee and conversation with Ms. Moulton and Mrs. Fitzpatrick. The list of dates (by grade level) is below.
School Picture Day!
Please watch your email for a message from O'Connor Studios, our photo company. You can order through them directly through the online link they will provide. We will also send information home with students.
Please note that all students will have their photos taken for school identification purposes.
All students will be included in their class photo unless you communicate otherwise with the classroom teacher that you do not want them to be included.
Lost & Found
Opportunities to Be Involved
Hello Hosmer Families, thanks to everyone who joined our first meeting of the school year! It was great to see everyone at the Open House. A few upcoming events and ways to get involved:
- Welcome Picnic: Thurs, Oct 6 at 5 pm (Hosmer School playground & courts)--we hope you will join us for some fun Knucklebones activities! We are looking for a few volunteers to help us sell pizza, water, snacks, t-shirts & water bottles, email Christina at email@example.com with questions and to get involved.
- October PTO Meeting: Wed, Oct 19 at 6:30 pm--we are planning to host in-person at school and on Zoom--more details coming soon!
- Grade-level representatives: we are looking for 1 grade-level representative per grade to join the PTO--email Christina and Theresa with questions and to get involved.
- 5th grade end-of-year activities committee: we are looking for volunteers to help fundraise for and organize 5th grade end-of-year activities--email Theresa at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions and to get involved.
- Adults Night Out: coming soon
The Hosmer School Parent-Teacher Organization (PTO) sponsors community-building events, funds enrichment activities for all grades, and shows appreciation for teachers and staff throughout the year. Visit our website at hosmerpto.org, sign up at the bottom of our website for our email updates, and follow us on Facebook for more info!