News for the HRRS/Juan Diego Academy Community
Principal's Message - Jan. 27th
Thank you so much to everyone who attended last week's State of the School meeting on Wednesday evening. If you missed the opportunity, check out the article below for some bullet points that we covered during the evening.
Next Monday begins registration for the 2016-17 school year. We are going to try to do this all online this year...wish us luck! We will still have paper copies available if you need them. Check out the information below to better understand the process. Please remember that your spot is not "locked in" for next year until we receive your complete registration materials (100% complete) and your registration fee. Registration opens for the general public on February 29th, so everything must be taken care of by then, so you don't lose your spot for next year. If you have any questions, after reading the information below, please see Berenice at the front desk or email her at email@example.com.
Have a wonderful week!
Important Reminders for this Week!!
- Thurs - All School Mass at 9 am
- Catholic Schools Week - Spirit Days!! See teacher emails for more information.
- Registration opens for current families...Monday, Feb. 1st!!
- Conferences - Feb. 12th (No School for Students)
- No School for President's Day - Feb. 15/16
- Crab Feed Auction Items due to Sarah by February 12th!! Smckinney@hrrsjda.org
Registration Fees/Timeline for 2016 - 17!!
Feb. 1 - 26: Registration for Current Families
Feb. 29: Registration Opens for All
Registration Fees* for 2016 - 17:
- $125 (1 Student), $250 (2+ Students) before March 25
- $150 (1 Student), $300 (2+ Students) after March 25
- *Reminder: Your spot is not "locked in", until all registration fees are paid and the registration packet is completed.
K - 8 Tuition Fees for 2016 - 17:
- 1 Student = $5650 ($20/month increase on the 10 month plan)
- 2 Students = $9920 ($30/month increase on the 10 month plan)
- 3+ Students = $12700 ($40/month increase on the 10 month plan)
P.K. Tuition Fees for 2016 - 17:
$6500 per Student* (*Existing families who have a child going from P.K. 3 to P.K. 4 can receive the K - 8 Tuition Amounts)
Reminder: All families who refer a newly enrolled family will receive a free month of tuition.
**Fulcrum should be notifying people of the Fulcrum Tuition Assistance awards by late February.
- Juan Perez (Piano player for the church and the school over the years and former HR parent), who is battling cancer.
- Two school families who have recently lost family members: The Hopkins and the Young-Cliftons
Thank you to the families that have already turned in auction items or paid the $100 fee. Receiving auction items and funds early helps us prepare before the event. If you are still looking for ideas on what to purchase or procure please see the registry that was created on Amazon at:https://www.myregistry.com/public/2016-hrrs-jda
If you want to put a basket together we have some ideas highlighted on the following Pinterest board:https://www.pinterest.com/auctionjda/gift-basket-ideas/
Reminder that business procurement forms are available in the office. Many businesses will donate a service, gift card, or item as their business will receive a tax write-off. Please feel free to pick a form up and ask around the community, or ask some of your favorite businesses that you frequent. Reminder - Auction items totaling $100.00 are due no later than Friday, February 12th. After that, each family will be billed $150.00. Questions? Contact Sarah McKinney at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please join us for this wonderful fundraising event for our school. Tickets for the March 12th event are $60.00 per person, which includes all you can eat crab, prime rib, beer, and wine. The event features a great variety of auction items and an opportunity to meet and interact with other Holy Rosary families, alumni, and school supporters. This is our second largest fundraiser for our school so we would love to see you there. Tickets are on sale now for the event. Click on the "Buy Crab Feed Tickets" link on the front of our schools’ webpage (hrrsjda.org) or click on this link:https://secure.lglforms.com/form_engine/s/_vfVaZ24U9ZeEOXiJ8ZH3A.
State of the School Meeting...A Summary!
- Reminder of our mission: To serve all families committed to a Catholic education.
- We continue to see a positive enrollment trend going into next year. We started this year with 187 students, up 20 from last year.
- We have added 4 choirs, 2 bands, and an after-school orchestra this year.
- After school activities include CYO sports, orchestra, ASB, and tutoring.
- Parent involvement at our school is excellent!
- Pre-K 4 is already wait-listed for next year and a couple of other grades are close.
- Staff retention for next year looks outstanding!
- Tuition and fees were presented for the 2016-17 school year (see above).
- All families are expected to participate in the Crab Feed and Auction...there are opportunities from set-up and take-down to attending the dinner. See Sarah McKinney to see how you can become involved!
- Construction Update: The building will be under major construction this summer, so the office will be moved out to the modular building. We will be getting new bathrooms, office space, and even an elevator. Stay tuned...
Curriculum Corner: The Advantages of a Bilingual Brain
Questions or Comments? Contact Dr. Yaden at Byaden@plu.edu
Registration Begins for Current Families!!
Monday, Feb. 1st, 8am
504 South 30th Street
Catholic Schools Week - Spirit Days!!
Monday, Feb. 1st, 8am to Friday, Feb. 5th, 3pm
504 South 30th Street
Tuesday - Sports Day
Wednesday - Flip Flop Day (Dress like your teacher!!)
Thursday - Grandparent/Special Person Day (Special event after Mass)
Friday - Color Wars (Each class has been assigned a color to wear for this)