Some Facts about Anxiety
- Anxiety disorders are the most common mental illness in the U.S
- Statistically, woman are more commonly afflicted by anxiety disorders than men.
- Those who suffer from anxiety are prone to suffering from depression simultaneously.
- Although anxiety disorders can be triggered by extended environmental stress or traumatic life events, anyone can be afflicted with this form of mental illness.
- Despite its high level of treat-ability through therapy and/or medication, 2/3 of adults with anxiety do not receive treatment. Teenagers with anxiety receive treatment even less frequently – only 1 in 5 teen sufferers do.
Statistics about Anxiety
- Woman are twice as more likely to be affected by anxiety than men.
- Anxiety typically begins in childhood; the median age is 7.
- Approximately 30% of people have Anxiety disorder.
- Only 10% of people with anxiety get the proper treatment they need.
- 42% of teens regularly use recreational drugs for anxiety.