"It's the Aztec Way!"
Greetings Aztec Parents!
April 6, 2016
Yearbook money and forms are due back by April 22! Cost is $18.
Please sign and send back your child's 3rd quarter grade card ASAP! Attached to the grade card is a summer school form. Please fill out and send this form back if you wish for your child to be enrolled in summer school.
Here at Eastgate we are ready, respectful, and responsible!
PBIS Spotlight of the Month: I can work without disrupting others.
"Today In Class We..."
Mr. Branan's Class
Mr. Brannan had students work on completing worksheet page 82 in class. Homework is to bring back grade slips signed.
Mr. Colston's Class
Mr. Colston had first hour work on their quiz over formulas and properties.
Honors worked on finishing up their quiz and writing and developing expressions. Homework is PS#18.
3rd and 4th hour worked on order of operations.
Mrs. Love's Class
Mrs. Love had students work on concept 4, take notes over concept 4, and reviewed sedimentary rock clips.
Ms. Semegran's Class
Ms. Semegran had students work on finding and pulling out the pros and the cons of an article that argued that the driving age should remain at 16. Students will be participating in a philosophical chairs on the topic of the driving age for kids in Missouri on Friday! There is no homework.
Upcoming Dates to Remember
March 28 – EDP Begins
March 29 – Track Meet at Staley
March 31 – AVID National Walk Throughs
March 31 – Track Meet at Oak Park
April 5 – Track Meet at Winnetonka
April 7 – Track Meet at Oak Park
April 12 – Track at Staley
April 14 – Track at South Valley
April 19 – PTSA Meeting
April 22 – 4th Quarter Progress Reports go home
April 25 – XLT (Summer School) Applications are due for students
April 28 – No School
April 25-May 13 – MAP/EOC Window
April 29 – 6th Grade Party
May 2 – District Track Meet
May 5 – 5th Grade Parent Night
May 6 – 7th Grade Party
May 12 - Last day EDP
May 13 – 8th Grade Party
May 17 – Truman Celebration
May 20 – Final Day of School
May 31 – XLT (Summer School) Begins
Helpful Things to Know and Remember
Eastgate Middle School's 3 R's: Ready, Respectful, and Responsible.
Team Late Policy
- If your student chooses to turn in late work, the maximum grade they can receive will be a 60%.
- They will be given a three day grace period after the due date to turn it in before they receive a final zero.
- Papers turned in beyond the three day grace period will not be credited.
I-Ready Log in
Username: Student lunch firstname.lastname@example.org
Password: Student birthday (mmddyyyy)
Logging in to PowerSchool
Username: Student lunch number
Password: Student birthday (mmddyyyy)
- Go to https://powerschool.nkcschools.org/public/
- Create Account
A couple of things
- Here at Eastgate we work on always being ready, respectful, and responsible. To help your student start off the school year being ready and responsible, it's important to send them to school with their binder (if they have brought it home), pencils, paper, and other assorted materials that we use here at school.
- Here at Eastgate, we also provide your students with a healthy breakfast. Remind your kiddos that they are free to partake of this meal and they will be provided time to eat it during the first 30 minutes of their first hour class.
- EDP (Extended Day Program) is a great after-school program we do here at Eastgate for 6th, 7th, and 8th grade students. Cost is $10 per quarter. Included in the cost will be a healthy and delicious after school snack, and various supplies they might need for homework help, and other fun activities. EDP offers homework help, sports to play, movie club, theatre club, and so much more! Forms for EDP are available from Mrs. Love. Simply have your student pick one up, and return the completed form and the $10 to the office.