The Raider Report
February 16, 2016
RE-ENROLLMENT & FINANCIAL AID FOR 2016-2017
THE SCHOOL OFFICE WILL BE OPEN UNTIL 7PM THIS WEDNESDAY & THURSDAY TO HELP ANYONE THAT NEEDS TO COMPLETE ONLINE RE-ENROLLMENT. REMEMBER EARLY BIRD REGISTRATION FEE GOES UP MARCH 1st.
IF YOU NEED HELP COMPLETING YOUR ONLINE RE-ENROLLMENT, PLEASE CALL THE SCHOOL OFFICE AND SET UP AN APPOINTMENT, SO WE CAN HELP YOU. 817-624-2670.
FACTS is now accepting financial aid applications for the 2016-2017 school year. The priority deadline to be considered for the 1st round of financial aid has been extended this year to April 15th. All supporting documents as well as your registration fee must be paid in order to be considered for financial aid for the first round. Awards will be announced in May. After April 15th, applications will be considered for the summer financial aid round with awards announced in July.
Please remember that our lunch program is part of the federal lunch program. We are currently being audited and will have monitors at the school next week. As such, we wanted to remind everyone that if you are eating lunch with your child and bringing food in, then that lunch can only be given to your child and no one else's, even if another parent has given you verbal or written permission. Also, please remember as well that birthday treats must be approved by your classroom teacher first, prior to you bringing them in. The treats as well can only be distributed at the end of the day and cannot be served as part of lunch. We appreciate your support with ensuring that we are staying in compliance with federal guidelines. If you have any questions about this, please see the school office.
- Safe Environments Class-Please CLICK HERE to see the Diocesan Safe Environments Training Calendar. VOLUNTEERS FOR ALL SCHOOL AND CHURCH EVENTS MUST BE SAFE ENVIRONMENTS TRAINED FOR THE SAFETY OF ALL YOUTH. WITH SEVERAL SCHOOL EVENTS COMING UP, PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU ARE IN COMPLIANCE, OR YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO VOLUNTEER. New program roll out date has moved to March 1st!
- Sick Children-The health and safety of every individual in our school community is of utmost importance to us. Considering these issues, the school has the following policies and programs in place to meet most health and safety issues for our community. Students should not be sent to school if any of the following symptoms are present: fever, diarrhea, severe cough, vomiting, and headache. Children should not return to school until 24 hours after running a temperature over 100 degrees.
- NO SCHOOL THIS FRIDAY! Teachers will be attending a Diocesan wide professional development training.
- BISHOP MASS & VISIT-The Bishop will be celebrating mass for the school on Friday, February 26th. All our invited to attend. After mass we will have a light reception and he will be visiting the classrooms.
REVISED LUNCH MENU
- Boxtops, Caprisuns, & Coke Tabs (turn in to classroom teacher)
- TEXAS MOTOR SPEEDWAY FOR APRIL 9th- We need to see if we have enough interest to commit to working a race on April 9th for Texas Motor Speedway. 8 all day people are needed. If you would like to volunteer, please contact the school office, 817-624-2670.
- ART CLASS-Mrs. Hooper is in need of the following items for art class for our students. If you are able to help, we'd greatly appreciate it.
- Oval pan watercolors
- 9 x 12 construction paper (all colors)
- 18 x 24 construction paper (all colors)
- 12 x 18 white mixed media paper
- Craft sticks
All Volunteers must be approved and in good standing with the Safe Environments Program. If you have a workshop certificate that needs to be turned in, please drop it off in the office.