News and Notes for our school community.
September 10, 2021
Back to School Reminders
Dear Shawnee Community,
As we reflect on our first two days in school and look ahead to next week, we would like to thank you for your support in returning to full-time, in-person instruction.
The information below is important for all students, parents, and staff members. We must continue to work together to provide the best educational experience for all our students.
Mask Update for the Week of September 13th
Masks must always be worn on school buses, in the hallways, and in air-conditioned areas, even in times of extreme heat indoors. Executive Order 251 is one of the conditions under which we have returned to in-person schooling. Included in this Order is a provision for districts to make mask wearing optional when individuals are “exposed to extreme heat indoors.” The LRHSD will define this as any day the weather forecast is 80 degrees or higher and the heat index is 80 degrees or higher (both criteria must be predicted). When it is determined that masks are optional for indoor spaces without air-conditioning, you will receive a notification and updates will be posted on the Shawnee Home Page.
As a result of the forecast meeting this criteria for early next week, masks will be optional at Shawnee High School for unairconditioned classrooms and other learning spaces on Monday September 13th through Wednesday, September 15th. Masks must always be worn on school buses, in the hallways, and in air-conditioned areas.
Before School Procedures
- Prior to 7:15AM, all students must enter via the Gym or Cafeteria entrances.
- At 7:15AM, the main office entrance opens for students, and students are released from large holding areas.
- Any student who arrives after 7:30AM must enter through the main office. Students who arrive after this time will be marked late for school.
Notes for Next Week's Schedule
- We will begin using our 4-Day rotating schedule. Monday is a Day 1.
- Senior Portrait Makeups: 9/14, 9/15, and 9/17.
- Thursday, 9/16: School Closed - Yom Kippur
Please see the icons below for additional links and information.
Early Dismissal / Late Arrival Permission Form
VOTE on 11/2
Would you like a locker at Shawnee?
More Reminders for the Start of the School Year
The school day runs from 7:30 AM - 2:27 PM.
Please note the corresponding bell schedule.
The lunch menu is available online.
All students have access to a free breakfast and lunch in the building.
Juniors with a license will be eligible to apply for parking on September 20th.
- Please continue to screen for Covid-19 symptoms.