The General's Update
Your guide to DDE events & announcements: 1/14/2018
8th grade scientists apply their skills with molecule construction.
Students reflect on what they’ve learned, interesting topics, favorite activities, and unanswered questions through graffiti.
Reminder: No school tomorrow!
- Spring sports will start on Tuesday, March 6, 2018.
- Spring sports interest meetings will be held during the school day on Tuesday, February 6, 2018 (these meetings are for students; parents/guardians do not attend).
- Forms are due by Tuesday, February 20, 2018 .
- Physicals conducted on March 7, 2017 and later are valid for the Spring sports season.
Questions? Please contact Mrs. King at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our awesome PTO has amazing pocketbooks and gift baskets lined up! Special thanks to our sponsors (see below) who have signed on to help make this event fabulous! If you are interested in donating a gift basket for our gift basket auction, please see the following link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/15ufHjOejT_OhT8VvsD9lo8Dx1C5g1u9T/view?usp=sharing
Thank you to our very generous sponsors!
Important Information for 8th Graders
- If you haven't done so already, please order your graduation gown through Jostens. Orders are due Tuesday, January 30, 2018. An email with instructions was sent on January 2, 2018. If you have any questions, please email Traci Ambrose at email@example.com
- Please see the attached information and application for Sheriff Youth Week, which is available to 8th grade students who will be entering high school (takes place in July): https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_W8bJaOvpNXWEN3VEZtVWJvUVBYSW1FS2s5UjVTNWpPYnBN/view?usp=sharing
Following is a message from the Freehold Regional High School District: The Freehold Regional High School District encourages all pupils to participate fully in the physical education program. It recognizes, however, that some pupils are engaged in athletic, interscholastic, or other programs of vigorous physical activity, allowing for achievement of the New Jersey Student Learning Standards. Such pupils may, pursuant to rules of the State Board of Education, be excused from the required enrollment in a physical education course, while still earning physical education credit.
An application for participation in “Option II-Sports Alternate” for 2018-2019 is now open on our district website (www.frhsd.com) until Friday, August 3, 2018. If you would like to have your son/daughter participate in this program at any point during the 2018-2019 school year OR would like to continue in Option II/Sports Alternate PE, you must fill out the on-line application annually.
Before applying for the Option II-Sports Alternate program, you must first determine the type of experience you would replace your Physical Education class with. We offer three different paths of Option II programs:
PATH A: For 10th through 12th graders: Participation in two or more NJSIAA-recognized JV and/or Varsity sports or two seasons of JV/Varsity cheerleading at the high school. Click http://frhsd.schoolwires.net/cms/module/selectsurvey/TakeSurvey.aspx?SurveyID=115 to learn more and apply. (Students wishing to pursue this path, must have successfully participated in the “Path A” criteria outlined above during the previous school year.)
PATH B: For 10th through 12th graders: Participation in one NJSIAA-recognized JV or Varsity sport or JV/Varsity cheerleading at the high school, plus documented off-season-training (150 minutes/week) in the same sport/cheer with an organization approved by the principal. Click http://frhsd.schoolwires.net/cms/module/selectsurvey/TakeSurvey.aspx?SurveyID=115 to learn more and apply. (Students wishing to pursue this path, must have successfully participated in the “Path B” criteria outlined above during the previous school year.)
PATH C: For 9th through 12th graders: Continuous high-level training, practice, performance, and/or competition in an athletic or physical activity for at least 150 minutes per week with an approved organization, coach, and/or teacher. Click http://frhsd.schoolwires.net//cms/module/selectsurvey/TakeSurvey.aspx?SurveyID=116 to learn more and apply.
*Please note: The completed application does not guarantee acceptance into the Option II-Sports Alternate program. Applications are reviewed and a decision is made based on fulfillment of the specific criteria for each Path. You will receive a confirmation email when your completed application is received and when/if your application is approved.
All students interested in pursuing the Option II-Sports Alternate for any portion of the 2018-2019 school year must complete the online application annually by August 3, 2018 regardless of past participation in Option II.
All applications for Option II participation must be received by August 3, 2018. No late applications will be accepted.
Please contact your child’s School Counselor with any questions regarding Option II-Sports Alternate participation.
Freehold High School Orientation
- Whenever you shop on Amazon, please use this link to go through AmazonSmile. A portion of each eligible sale will go to the Eisenhower Middle School PTO! Happy Shopping, Generals! https://smile.amazon.com/ch/22-2634420
- Thank you to everyone who attended our January 11th PTO meeting! Our next PTO meeting is Thursday, March 15, 2018 @ 8:30am in the STEAM Center.
- Our bagel sale is ongoing, and we are still in need of volunteers! If you have an hour in the morning, please email Jen Serluco, PTO President, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Prices are as follows: $3 for a bagel and a bottle of water; $2 for just a bagel; $1 for just a bottle of water.
- If you are going to a wrestling match, basketball game, or to see the cheerleaders cheer, please consider selling concessions to help support the PTO. We're using SignUp.com (the leading online SignUp and reminder tool) to organize our upcoming SignUps. Here's how it works in 3 easy steps:
- Click this link to see our SignUps on SignUp.com: http://signup.com/go/vPOKOmv
- Review the SignUps listed and choose the one(s) you like.
- Sign up! It's Easy - you will NOT need to register an account or keep a password on SignUp.com.
Note: SignUp.com does not share your email address with anyone. If you prefer not to use your email address, please contact PTO President, Jen Serluco, at email@example.com and she will sign you up manually.
- PTO questions? firstname.lastname@example.org
Mark Your Calendar
- Monday, January 15: School Closed for Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
- Wednesday, January 24: Early Dismissal - Parent Conferences
- Wednesday, January 24: Chipotle Fundraiser, 4:00pm-8:00pm
- Tuesday, January 30: Early Dismissal - Parent Conferences
- Tuesday, January 30: 8th Grade Graduation Gown Orders Due to Jostens
- Friday, February 2: Pocketbook Bingo
- April 30-May 7: PARCC Testing - All Grades
- Tuesday, May 8: NJASK Science Testing - 8th Grade
Get Your Yearbook Before the Price Goes Up!
Please follow this link to order your yearbook! Current cost is $45/yearbook. The price is going up soon, so don't delay! http://www.jostens.com/apps/store/customer/1057474/Dwight-D-Eisenhower-Middle-School/