Transfiguration School Newsletter
June 8th, 2020
News and Notes
Happy Monday! I hope you had a wonderful weekend. I can't believe that we are in the final two weeks of the 19-20 school year. Together we achieved the unimaginable. I am so proud to be the leader of the Transfiguration Community!
Thank you to everyone who attended Bingo on Friday. It was so much fun and great to see your faces!
This Friday, June 12th, is "Moving Up Day". Each class will have a Zoom with their next year's teacher at 10 o'clock AM. During this Zoom the students will meet their teacher and talk about supplies needed and any Summer work. Tuesday, June 16th, is Virtual Field Day and class parties! Field Day Zoom information and further details will be sent out this week. Virtual class parties are at 1pm.
Thank you and have a wonderful week,
PICK UP OF STUDENT BELONGINGS PROCESS
Friday, June 19, 2020 – 10:00 – 11:30
Yeah!!! We made it to the last day of school. What a year!!! We will have an end of year drive through parade/Pick Up and Drop Off. You can decorate your cars and write posters saying goodbye to your teachers.
Teachers have emptied all students' desks & lockers. No one will be allowed in the building for any reason. Please wear a mask.
Your teachers will send a list of items (books, Chromebook, charger, etc.) that need to be returned. Please place them in a bag and put in your car trunk with your child's name on it.
- Teachers will be lined up in the school parking lot.
- Please stay in order, do not go around another car. It will move quickly.
- When you pull up to your child's homeroom grade, please pop your trunk.
- The teacher will put your child’s belongs in the trunk and remove the Chromebook and textbooks you are returning.
- Please do not get out of your cars for any reason.
If you are unable to pick up your child’s belongings, you must email the school and schedule an appointment to drop off.
It is our hope that most families will come on June 19, so the faculty and staff can use this opportunity to say goodbye and celebrate the end of the year.
Community Service Wrap Up
- "Sports Uniforms" for Soyapango: Although our Sports Uniform collection was cut short in March, we were still able to collect more than 40 gently used basketball jerseys/shorts to be donated to the children in El Salvador. If you have items you'd like to donate, please hang on to them until school reopens or you can email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- "Loose Change" for Soyapango: During the school year we collected/recycled water bottles for change. We also continued to collect change in the school lobby. Between the two initiatives, we raised an additional $200.00 for Soyapango. This donation will help provide aid to the children and families of St. Joseph the Worker School, who are struggling in ways we can only imagine. Let's continue to pray for their strong will and determination.
- A great big thanks to the members of our Community Service Club who gave so willingly of their time and creative ideas. I'd like to give a special shout out to our 8th Grade members: Olivia Soddano (Co-President), Reilly Tuck (Co-President), Cora Anello, Justin Barros, Caleb Lee-Kong, and Matthew Plunkett. We will miss you all next year!