Patrick Marsh Middle School Band
This Week in Band at PMMS (Jan 11-15, 2021)
BTN Solo Festival to Replace WSMA Festival
6th Grade Jazz Begins This Tuesday!
7th Grade Solo Project Deadline Extended to January 18
The deadline for your child to record their solo is January 18th. The recording serves as a formative assessment and an opportunity to measure your child's growth and achievement. All of the details are in your child's Google Classroom Account as well as below:
You will use flipgrid to make the recording. Here is the link Begin your recording by saying the following:
1) Your Name
2) The title of the piece you are going to play and who composed it.
3) Something that you learned about the piece or yourself as you prepared it.
You might want to test your microphone and your distance to your computer by recording a little bit, then listening to it. Flipgrid will allow you to re-record anything if it doesn't go as you planned.
We are not looking for a "perfect" performance-- mistakes will happen. However, we are looking for evidence of careful preparation, accuracy, posture, tone and most importantly, musicianship. Go beyond the notes and try to express some emotion using your instrument!
Frozen Pizza Sale Ends Tuesday!
EMIL'S FROZEN PIZZA FUNDRAISER
- Emil's Pizza is based out of Watertown WI.
- Their frozen pizza's are made with fresh ingredients purchased locally.
- Prices are similar to grocery store prices. Families can stock up for easy meals and for the LV Super Bowl!
- Each pizza sold will generate $1 to band member's ledger account. Funds can be used for multiple expenses, for details view Student Ledger Usage Guidelines page.
Click to view and print order form 2021 Order Form
Important Dates for Pizza Sale:
Sale begins January 1st
Enter Sales online on Google Form by January 12th 5 pm
Pickup Saturday, January 30th at the High School 9am-10:30am
Money Due to Chairperson by February 7th, drop off at 144 Broome St, Sun Prairie
Questions: Contact Kelley via email: Secretary@spbb.org or call/text cell phone: 608-577-2222
Visit our Website Emil's Frozen Pizza page to view and print order forms and for additional details
2021-22 Class Registration Taking Place This Week!
To Our Current 6th Graders:
Congratulations on starting in band during unprecedented times. Your class will forever be remembered for your resilience and determination. We are SO PROUD of what you have already accomplished and CAN'T WAIT to hear you all perform together in the future.
We have many exciting things planned for next year including:
- A trip to UW-Eau Claire to tour the university, work with collegiate musicians, and hear the state's largest marching band.
- Perform a world premiere of a new composition written by the world-renown composer, Viet Cuong.
- A trip to UW-Whitewater to perform in the massive Young Auditorium and work with Dr. Glenn Hayes, UWW Director of Bands. We will also experience college campus life and food at Esker Dining Hall.
- You will also be the first 8th grade band to attend PMMS moving forward! Wait until you hear what is planned for that year!!
To Our Current 7th Graders:
Students at Cardinal Heights LOVE their band experience! Check out this brief video highlighting their ensembles and what students have to say about band at C-Heights!
Here are just some of the things to look forward to in 8th grade band:
- A trip to perform at the Beyond The Notes Music Festival at the Kalahari in Wisconsin Dells.
- Wind Symphony overnight tour of major universities in Wisconsin and beyond.
- Jazz Ensemble performances at the Big Band Dance as well as Jazz Fest.
- Opportunity to join the award-winning, Sound of Sun Prairie Marching Band!
Please take a moment to look at this document with information about all of the band classes and activities that Cardinal Heights has to offer. Wind Symphony audition information is also included.
At Cardinal Heights, we welcome all students to participate in band! Please feel free to share the above information with anyone who may be interested in band - even if they have never participated before!
General Booster Meeting
Sunday, Feb 21st, 5:30PM
On the agenda: 2022 6-7-8 class schedule, SOSP update, hybrid band, fundraising/financials.
Feed The Beat
It's important that we do our part to give our support to our local restaurants during this challenging time. Each month we will pick one local restaurant to support for 1 week. Boosters will not be asking for any profit from restaurants.
Stay in touch through our website and Facebook page for details.
Where Can We Find Information About Band This Year?
1. This newsletter will be sent every Sunday afternoon. It will contain the plan for the week, updates on classwork, and special events or opportunities.
2. Our PMMS Band Website will have weekly lesson plans, resources, links, and our weekly lesson schedule. I will also keep links to all of our newsletters on this website if you ever need to look for something shared previously but lost it in your inbox. Consider the website as the "go to" place to find out information this year.