November 12, 2018
1. Extended planning is Tuesday. Look for a schedule coming soon! Team Leaders, if you haven't sent your agenda our way, please do so prior to Tuesday. We are looking forward to planning with you. As a reminder, all teachers participating in extended planning need to complete the survey after planning. The link is attached below.
2. A quick reminder to make sure you have completed your assignments in Google classroom prior to our staff meeting on Wednesday. This month's assignment is chapter 7 and 8 (assignments 9 and 10).
3. Please make sure all your lesson plans for Monday, November 26 are organized and ready to go before you leave for the break on Friday.
4. A huge thanks to all the staff members who attended Science Night on Friday. We had such a fun time!
5. PTA is spoiling us with pies on Friday. Yay!
6. Have a very Happy Thanksgiving. Enjoy some rest, a little too much turkey, and time with the people you care about.
Here's what it might look like in a classroom:
1. Students are assigned a section of an article to read.
2. Students read their section, then meet with other students who've read the same section.
3. Students in their section groups summarize the information, consider key points they think others need to know, make connections to text/self/world, infer what the author is saying, and critically question the text. Note: Providing discussion prompts to guide thinking and conversation is helpful.
4. Students then move from their section groups back to their home groups.
5. Each student shares his or her understanding of their section from the text with their homegroup members who haven't read the passage. Note: It is helpful to provide discussion prompts for this time as well.
6. Students then return to their section groups and discuss how their section fits into the whole text, based on their discussions with the home group.
November 13 - Extended planning for teachers
November 14 - Principal Meeting (Bryan and Wendy out AM)
November 14 - Staff Meeting
November 15 - Progress Notes go home
November 15 - Baby shower for Mrs. Mann 3:00 PM
November 16 - 4th Grade field trip to OLC
November 19-23 Thanksgiving Break
November 27 - Parenting Workshop, 8:00 AM
November 28 - Team Leader Meeting, 3:00 PM