Ms. Snyder's Weekly Updates!
Week of January 25th
What are we learning?
In math we will be reviewing all we have learned for long division. Our division test is on Wednesday. In writing we will be moving from personal opinion essays to persuasive essays. Students will choose a new topic and research evidence to support their 3 reasons for their essay. In reading we will be continuing to work on finding the main idea and supporting details to write a summary. We will also start researching a natural disaster and learn how to take notes by synthesizing. In science we will be building the structures for our winter village and begin adding electrical circuit to them.
Last week students set an academic goal they want to work towards. This week we will be focusing on how we can track our goal daily. As a class we have set a couple goals we are working towards together. We earned an extra recess last week for meeting our goal of following hallway expectations every day. We are continuing to work on our organization to earn a pajama day.
Scholastic Book Orders
Class Order Due Date: 01/31/2021
Connect and Shop Our Class Page: https://orders.scholastic.com/XK4YK
Shop the flyers for our grade with your child: https://scholastic-clubs.mydigitalpublication.com/publication/?i=684671
Thank you for supporting our class in earning free books!
Forest Glen Apparel Orders
Winter is here!
-mittens/gloves (and an extra pair in case the first gets wet)
-extra masks (I suggest 2-3. These also might get wet while at recess.)
If your child needs a bag to carry these items to and from school, please let me know.
Dates To Remember
- February 5th - Picture Day for In-Person Students
- February 12th - No School (K-4 Only) - Staff PD
- February 26 - No School
Wear your Timbertail apparel or school colors (red/white/black/gray) every Tuesday!
Motivational Shirt Thursdays
Wear your favorite Motivational Shirt on Thursdays! (i.e. sunny days, kindness, love, peace, etc.)
Wear your Green Bay Packers gear on Fridays!
Mark your calendars for picture day!
Forest Glen pictures will take place on the dates below:
February 4th, 4:00-6:00pm - Florida Virtual Students
February 5th - In Person Students
March 5th - Picture Retakes
Please Note the Following Changes This Year:
- In order to maintain social distancing guidelines, there will not be a group class picture taken this year. Instead there will be a class composite photo that will be available for families to purchase.
- Students will no longer receive an order form. They will be given a paper that has their proof options printed, along with instructions to order online.
- If you are unable to order online, you can contact Harmann's Customer Care at (800) 236-8910 to submit an alternate form of payment.
Adopt a Cow!
"Justin and Louisa Peterson and their children Jacob, Joshua, and Johanna, own and operate Creamery Creek Holsteins in Bangor, Wisconsin along with the Hansen Family. On their farm, they care for 675 milking cows and 2400 acres of crops. For the next 6 months, we will connect with Farmer Tanya to learn about your adopted calf and the farm she lives on."
Here is the information on our adopted calf:
Birthdate: October 10, 2020
Gender: Heifer (Girl)
Breed of Cow: Holstein
Birth Weight: 90 Pounds
Leader in Me!
Leader In Me is a process we will work through to develop the 7 Habits of Highly Effective People through Franklin Covey. Leader In Me will be the platform we will work toward to develop ourselves and our students. We will be learning these 7 Habits at the beginning of the year and using them throughout the year.
The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People are:
1) Be Proactive (You're in Charge)
2) Begin with the End in Mind (Have a Plan)
3) Put 1st Things 1st (Work First, Then Play)
4) Think Win-Win (Everyone Can Win)
5) Seek First to Understand, Then to Be Understood (Listen Before You Talk)
6) Synergize (Together is Better)
7) Sharpen the Saw (Balance Feels Best)
1st Recess: 10:33-10:53
2nd Recess: 1:23-1:43
Monday - PE & Music
Tuesday - Art
Wednesday - PE & World Cultures
Thursday - PE & Music
Friday - World Cultures & Library