Converse's Team Update, Jan. 8
We are one team, with one mission, to be our best together!
Celebrations and "family/team" updates!!!!
- Join me in wishing a happy holiday birthday to Lindy Hunt on Jan. 11th! We hope it is a super day!
- Winter Blues Day today, snacks in the lounge!
- Jenny Kreitzer has a student intern beginning on Monday. She will be with us through some time in April. Her name is Talia Benware. Please welcome her to the building.
- Thanks to the best teachers around for being so positive about trying a new process for our MOY/TRC testing next week! Let me know your feedback after trying it out and let me know if I can be of any help.
- The "bea-u-ti-ful" dog candle pictured above apparently is traveling our building checking out all the great things that are happening at our building. I have been told that if you find the one above you are to "add" something to it and pass it along to another to let them know they are "loved". I am also told there may be a second one visiting the building as well.??? It is definitely "special" so enjoy/smile if you happen to see him visiting your classroom some day.
- Lastly, I am looking for input on which kdg. team picture I should put on our website. I have had the 50s one on it most recently but am thinking maybe the Christmas one would be more seasonal. What do you all think???
Items in bold print and underlined are new to announcements.
- NEW - No School on Monday, the 18th (pending no closures before then).
- NEW - Please start MOY testing on Monday during your guided reading time to help ensure finishing by the end of the week. Please don't wait until your testing "day" unless you know you will finish all (but possible absences) by Friday. This is not to say that you can't test into the next week if needed but we need to try to avoid that if possible. Thanks!
- NEW- Writing Prompt Scoring tabulation forms are due to Valree asap for 2nd grade and within two weeks of the assessment window for kdg. and 1st.
- Jan. Lounge Clean up Crew: 1st grade
- 100 day will be January 22nd pending no closed days prior. (It was originally posted incorrectly on the Converse calendar. Sorry for any confustions.)
- Swim (1/6-1/20) Zickafoose/Bollhoefer
- Kdg. and 2nd grade teachers, remember to plan for CoGAT or Inview testing the week of Jan. 19th. Valree should have gotten all supplies to you last week. Let her know if you are missing anything. Kdg. teachers, if you believe you have any student not "able" to participate, please discuss that with Valree in advance. Also, please make sure to fill out the Class Identification sheet when returning the booklets and put them into ABC order. I assume the "packets" have an ID sheet if not, let me know.
- Our MOY writing prompt for 1st will happen during the week of the 19th. Kdg. has been moved to the following week.
- If you took a yearbook from those that were in the lounge please return it to Valree. Thanks! (I am now only missing 1996-1997, 1997-1998, 2002-2003, and 2003-2004. Any help would be appreciated!)