Team 5 Newsletter
Welcome to the Team 5 newsletter! We will be sending this out weekly. In here you will find what each core class is doing each week and any other information we really want you all to know. If you have any questions please feel free to email us.
Alana Bucholtz (WG): email@example.com
Jeff Storms (LA): firstname.lastname@example.org
Brittney Littrel (M): email@example.com
Liza Russell (S): firstname.lastname@example.org
Cathy Bowen (SPED): email@example.com
This week in math we will be working on finding the mark up price and percent and the markdown price and percent. We will have a graded assignment assigned on Wednesday and it will be due on Friday.
This week we are reading and close reading a new article, “How Jackie Robinson Changed Baseball”, responding to the article with a one-paragraph journal entry.
This week we are learning what cause tides, Heliocentric and Geocentric Models of the Solar System.
Announcement regarding changes in Health and Human Sexuality Unit
Due to the transition to online learning, we will be modifying the topics for our health unit. You probably received a letter with the original topics with your child’s grade card, please disregard those topics for this school year. The following is a list of topics that we will focus on. Thank you for your understanding and flexibility. Please feel free to email me if you have any questions.
7th Grade topic-
- 7th grade - "Stranger Danger" - what could happen if you are talking to people you do not know online?
All grades – (Pearson Book)
- Substance abuse - alcohol and other drugs
- Skin safety - (I'm dubbing it Summer Safety Tips - we could add why we should drink water, etc.)
- Infectious Diseases - how they spread - why it is important to wash your hands
- Non-infections diseases (just so they see not everything is contagious/to be afraid of.)
If you have questions please don’t hesitate to email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call/text at 7857481836.
Ma. Flordeliza Russell
The layout for lessons this week. Live Session and Learning 1 is Monday/Tuesday, Live Session and Learning 2 is Wednesday/Thursday. Please contact me with any questions!
- Live Session 1: Introduce PPT One-Pager, go through the PPT about oil, and tell them to give predictions for the Saudi student video/watch the video
- Independent Learning 1: Watch Saudi video, begin PPT One-Pager
- Live Session 2: Show where to do the reaction guide for the Saudi video, and the map analysis activity; take questions
- Independent Learning 2: Reaction guide to Saudi video, do map analysis activity, finish PPT One-Pager
Foundations Language Arts Level B
Spanish Translation Phone Line
The Spanish phone line is 785-717-4428. Please leave a message as the aides might be in a classroom. We promise your call will be returned within 24 hours.