By: Shruthi Gopinath, Simran Jamwal, and Priscilla Chow
How does breathing work? It's really simple......
-Lungs: Your lungs are surrounded by a rib cage, and rest upon the diaphragm. When you inhale, your diaphragm moves downwards and your rib cage expands.
1. You breathe through your nose or mouth. The oxygen then goes down your windpipe, also known as the trachea.
2. The air arrives at the lungs, and travels down smaller passages in the lungs called bronchial tubes.
3. The oxygen gets to the alveoli (tiny sacs surrounded by capillaries), and goes into the blood through the thin walls of the capillaries (and alveoli).
4. Finally, this whole process is complete when your exhale CO2 from your body!
Keep Your Lungs Healthy
You should exercise like running, basketball, and etc. And drink lots of water to keep it clean in your body!!!!
What harms the lung:
- Smoking (other drugs)-clogs up your lungs and results in lung cancer
- Poisonous Gas- It can harm your breath intake and when you inhale toxic fumes, you are basically eating poison