ELA 7 Exam-2nd Block
Exam Schedule for my ELA Classes
Monday, May 16 - 4th Block Exam, Day 1
Tuesday, May 17 - 2nd Block Exam, Day 1
Wednesday, May 18 - 2nd Block Exam, Day 2
Thursday, May 19 - 3rd Block Exam, Day 1 and 4th Block Exam, Day 1
Friday, May 20 - 3rd Block Exam, Day 2
**We are required to give parts of our exam on BOTH exam days; therefore, students must be in class for Day 1 and Day 2 to receive full credit on their exams.
- Write a persuasive speech in which you argue that either the book or the movie does a better job of presenting Jonas's story. You must pull evidence from both the movie and book.
- Write an informative speech in which you compare the book to the movie, highlighting the most important similarities and differences.You must pull evidence from both the movie and the book.
On Monday, May 16, students will write and revise their speeches.
On Day 1 of the exam, students will practice their speeches with partners, in groups, and in whole class. They will also revise speeches as needed.
On Day 2 of the exam, students will give their speeches to the whole class for an exam grade.
*****See below for grades that will be taken from the exam prep activities.
Formative Grades Taken from Exam Prep Activities
- note-taking chart (100-point completion grade) - due Monday, May 16 (at beginning of class)
- Explanation chart (100-point completion grade) - due Monday, May 16 (at beginning of class)
- written speech with revision (10-point completion grade) - due Monday, May 16
- written speech (100-point grade) - due Exam Day 1
- Verbal Speech- due Exam Day 2