The Weekly Forecast - November 11
The Academy of Environmental Sciences @ DFES
Tag of Honor Recap
Friday was a successful day for all of the ceremonies that were held. Students certainly beamed with pride as did their parents. There were some ideas that were suggested to improve this program that we will look to build upon. Finally the success of this event genuinely requires a collaborative effort from so many individuals...so thanks to the following for their contributions:
- Student Activities Committee
- homeroom and related areas teachers for completion and submission of templates
- front office for greeting visitors/signing students out
- Connie P and Kris Spitzform for their work with the hospitality tables
- Custiodial staff for setting up the mini theatre
- B. Jackson for ensuring this information was available on our website
- A. Adkins for taking photos
- A. Adkins, B. Poore, and E. Perkins for preparing tags between ceremonies
- E. Burwick for organizing tags/templates and many behind the scenes efforts
If I have omitted anyone please let me know and we will be sure that you are honored and recognized.
We would like to say thank you to all the service men and women and the many sacrifices made to protect our liberties.
As you all may know K. Wood was out for a short period due to back surgery. We are delighted that she returned today!
4K Tag of Honor Ceremony
With the addition of our second 4K class we are having their ceremony Tuesday at 9:30 a.m. in the mini theater. Looking forward to a good time with them tomorrow.
New phone Installation
As you all know we had new phones that were installed today. The front office received training today as well. You will receive information (document) tomorrow on how our phones operate and function. This will include how to set up your voice mail.
- E. Perkins and I have a magnet budget meeting tomorrow at 3:00. FYI
- We will meet in the mini theater at 3:15. This time will include the BoosterThon pep rally for our staff (about 20 minutes) and B. Bennett will have an ESOL presentation. We should conclude by 3:45 p.m.
Title I Principal's Meeting
- I have a Title I principal's meeting at 1:00 p.m. on Wednesday. I should return before dismissal. Please see Mrs. Poore should you need assistance during that time.
School Improvement Council (S.I.C)
- Our school's S.I.C. will have our monthly meeting Wednesday, November 13 @ 6 p.m. in the conference room.
- Dr. Somerall and I will be attending a district RtI meeting from 9 a.m.- 12 p.m. on Thursday, November 14. See Mrs. Poore if assistance is needed.
Lucy Calkins PD
- Dr. Somerall will lead the units of study pd with our fifth grade team from 11:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. in the conference room. FYI.
Happy Birthday Wishes!
- 11/13 K. Hill
- 11/14 J. Adkins
- 11/16 S. Dickson
Food for thought...
- "The answer lies within ourselves. If we can't find peace and happiness there, it's not going to come from the outside." - Tenzin Palmo