A newsletter for Alta Vista Staff~Week of October 1, 2018
Don't Forget! Next Week's Calendar
- "You've Been Boo'd" Starts!
- Math Interventions Kick Off
- Istation ISIP (Math & Reading) ALL WEEK in the Computer Lab (Ms. Boggess will call classes down)
- CDMC Meeting on Tuesday, October 2 at 4:00 pm in Library **GRADE LEVEL REPS MUST ATTEND**
- Faculty Meeting on Wednesday, October 3 ~ Committees & Anchor Teams Meeting
- Failing Student List due to Maynard and Boggess on Wednesday, October 3
- Math PLCs on Thursday, October 4
- Adopt-A-School on Thursday, October 4 at 8:30 am in cafeteria
- Adopt-A-School Tutoring Kickoff on Thursday, October 4 at 9:30 am in cafeteria
- 6 Weeks Awards due Friday, October 5 https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1p-0v7R13SvH_q5q2iFZPU3fLKefHdqWftVky1D-jAiQ/edit?usp=sharing
- Picture Day on Friday, October 5 in library **Students may be out of dress code**
- Mayborn STEM Activity with Kinder on Friday, October 6 in Ms. Callan's Room (8:30, 10:30, 11:15, 1:00)
Coming Up: House Party Kickoff on 10/12; Hero Night on 10/16 from 5:30-7:30 pm
2018-2019 Giving Campaign-ONE WEEK LEFT!
The 2018-2019 Giving Campaign has only ONE WEEK left! This 5-week campaign gives all Waco ISD employees the opportunity to financially support the Waco ISD Education Foundation and/or United Way of Waco-McLennan County via cash, check, credit or payroll contributions. By combining into ONE drive in ONE timeframe, we hope to minimize confusion and prevent donor fatigue that can occur with back-to-back drives. The Giving Campaign replaces and/or combines the United Way Campaign, Education Foundation Staff Drive and Waco ISD Cares.
The Giving Campaign wraps up next Friday, October 5th. Please visit www.wacoisd.org/giving for ALL infomation about how to give based on your preferences (cash, check, credit or payroll).
A few changes to note:
ALL payroll deduction requests will be made ONLINE.
ALL Bricklayer shirt selections and preferences will be made ONLINE.
From Your Captain
Sign up for our staff REMIND message system and receive important news via text. To sign up, enter the number 81010 and text this message: @avesta
House Parties will kick-off on Friday, October 12. We will finalize plans on Wednesday with that committee, including the schedule for the day. Your 6-week award winner names are due on Friday, October 5 so we have time to get awards made. Link for Awards: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1p-0v7R13SvH_q5q2iFZPU3fLKefHdqWftVky1D-jAiQ/edit?usp=sharing
Pleas share our monthly Family Newsletter with your families as a link on your newsletter or on your grade/class Facebook pages.
There are forms in both Spanish and English. We have a LOT of high achieving students that we need to seriously consider for GT this year. Let's get those nominations rolling!
We will be reading Alistair & Kips Great Adventure by J. Segal.
In addition, Junior League will be doing a story telling event and passing out "The Day the Crayons Quit" to every family that attends the story telling.
United Way will be sharing their new Born Learning Trail installed recently at Alta Vista Park. Families will be encouraged to explore.
3rd, 4th, and 5th grade will be performing special music at 7:00 pm. THIS IS A CHANGE. With so many great things happening that night (including free food), we are extending the time from 5:30-7:30 pm. However, grade level activities will shut do at 7:00 for the music performance, and teachers may leave as soon as their area is cleaned up.
If you are a paraprofessional that would like to help, let Mrs. Helton know so we can get EDR's prepared. First come, first serve!
Get Students Blogging!
FREE Literacy Event
LIGHTS, CAMERA, ACTION! We are rolling out the red carpet for KYLENE BEERS and BOB PROBST!
I wanted to invite you to the GREATEST SHOW ON EARTH….well almost…instead how about a night with the GREATEST DUO in ADOLESCENT LITERACY?? We are super excited about having Kylene Beers and Bob Probst in the Waco area….reserve your spot now so you don’t get left out! Come one, come all….feel free to invite your teachers/principals/literacy coaches to this special literacy event!
See invitation below for more details.