How do you make an effective transition?
What makes an effective transitions?
An effective transition is created when you lead into your next subject with a line connecting the two topics.
3 Types of Transitions
- Transitions between sections
- Transitions between paragraphs
- Transitions within paragraphs
Helpful Transition Words
- For example,
- because of
- relating to
- instead of
- the next step
- Jimmy was going on a run instead of babysitting for his sister. His sister and him do not get along very well.
- In this example the sentence talked about why Jimmy isn't babysitting his sister's children to transition into talking about his sister and his relationship.
2. Missy was baking a cake for Mother's day even though her mother wasn't home. That wasn't unusual though, Missy's mother was rarely home due to work. Miss'y mom was a business woman and traveled the world all the time.
- In this example starting off with talking about how Missy is making a cake for her mother leads into the fact that her mother's never home. This in fact could be a transition sentence and start off a paragraph.