A newsletter for Alta Vista Staff~Week of January 29, 2018
Don't Forget! Next Week's Calendar
- RtI Updates ALL WEEK **See schedule below.**
- District Writing Test (Gr 4)
- Faculty Meeting on Wednesday, January 31
- Kindergarten GT Nominations due Wednesday, January 31
- Alta Vista Choir at BU Game on Wednesday, January 31
- Jump Rope for Heart (PK-2) on Thursday, February 1 at 1:45 pm
- Jump Rope for Heart 3-5) on Thursday, February 1 at 2:15 pm
- 100th Day of School Celebration on Friday, February 2
- Reading PLCs (Achieve 3000) on Friday, February 2
- Fab Friday Superbowl Potluck on Friday, February 2
COMING UP! College & Career Week (Week of 2/5/18)
100th Day of School
From Your Captain
Let Mrs. Logan know if there are any classroom materials, books, etc. you would like to order from Lakeshore or another vendor.
Don't forget to sign up to bring something tasty for our Superbowl Potluck this Friday.
TFI Campus Walkthroughs
This message is to inform you that the Tired Fidelity Inventory (TFI) for behavior will be completed this spring. The TFI will give each campus a clear picture of our current behavior program along with next steps for improvement.
As part of this inventory, external behavior team members (WISD and Baylor University) will visit each campus next week (Jan 29-Feb 2):
• You may be asked to answer three-five brief questions about behavior
• A few of your students may be asked to answer three-five brief questions about behavior
The purpose of the survey is to gather information to improve positive behavior interventions and supports. No names will be collected - answers are anonymous. Please answer honestly to the best of your ability!
Thanks for all you do for our students.
Trudy Bender, Ed.S., LSSP, NCSP