Weekly update for the Meadows Elementary School community
March Events 3/9/20-3/13/20
Monday, March 9
- 2:45pm -4:00pm-Robotics
- 2:45pm-3:45pm-2nd Grade Wizard of Oz Rehearsal
Tuesday, March 10
- 7:30am Math Olympics
- Yearbook Photos for Orchestra, Chorus, GATE, Valet
- 2:45pm-4:00pm Chess
- Orchestra-Bring your instruments.
- 2:40pm-3:45pm-Musical Rehearsal-MPR
- 2:45pm- 3:45pm -After School Enrichment
- 6:30pm Be SAFE Evening Meeting and Event for Newhall School District located at Newhall Family Theater
Thursday, March 12
- 10:45am-Lockdown Drill for students at school
- 2:45pm-3:45pm- After School Enrichment (Last Day of this term.)
- 2:45pm-3:45pm- Wizard of Oz Rehearsal MPR
- Yearbook Baby Pictures forms due today.
Friday, March 13
- Online entry form for Science Fair due today.
- Minimum Day
*Next week, PTSA General Meeting on 3/18 at 8:05am and Cardboard Playground on 3/19.
Daylight Savings Time
Enrichment Classes End this Week
This coming week is the last week of after school Enrichment Classes. More information coming on the next set of classes to begin. The next session is coming in April.
This is a reminder that the PTSA Science Fair is scheduled on Thursday, April 23, 2020. We encourage all students from TK-6th grade to participate in this fun event. To participate, please complete the online entry form by Friday, March 13, 2020. All students must fill out an entry form and only one entry per student is permitted. A copy of the science fair guidelines and rules is available with this message. Students are advised to refer to these guidelines for project completion.
PTSA Science Fair Committee
Women in History Comes to Meadows on 3/3 and the Week of 3/9
We are very excited for our annual Women in History program at Meadows. Every year the AAUW (American Association of University Women) select six prestigious women to recognize for their outstanding achievements and contributions to society. This program is a long standing tradition at Meadows and across 12 other local schools in the Santa Clarita Valley. Our parent volunteers have been very busy learning their parts and will don their costumes as they present these important figures to our classrooms. Thank you Emily Verdi, Kira Barlow, Genny Wilson, Lisa Howard, Richelle Boyd, and Alec Isbell-Torres for volunteering your time with this program.
Safety and Student Support Parent Engagement Night
Wednesday, March 11th, 6:30-8pm
24607 Walnut Street
Santa Clarita, CA
· Be SMART- parent information and education on gun safety
· NSD Health and Safety Plan Overview - provide parents with an update on the initial development of a Newhall School District Health and Safety multi-year plan
· Trauma Informed Practices Presentation - parent information and education on the impact trauma can have on our students
· NSD Threat Assessment Team - overview of this soon-to-be established team and the impact their work will have on our students across the District
RSVPs are enabled for this event.
6th Grade Baby Pictures for Yearbook
Meadows Parents and Students
Our yearbook committee needs a baby picture of your 6th grade student for the yearbook. Please submit a photo via email or online at TreeRing.com or send a picture into school. Paper photos will be returned in a timely fashion.
Go to TreeRing.com
Under the tab: photos, there is a folder named 6th grade baby pics. Please upload here.
Look for a box in the office.
*Please be sure to put the name of the student and their teachers name on your submittal.
Deadline for all entries is March 12, 2020
If you have any questions, please contact:
Jill Loth at 4MeadowsYearbook@gmail.com
PTSA Movie Night on 3/20 at 6:30pm
Free Tickets to the Theater for Newhall School District Students
Lost and Found Items will be Donated by Thursday 4/2
Meadows Foundation Open Position
Foundation is looking to fill the following role beginning July 1, 2020:
Board Member - Vice President, Fundraising (voting position)
The duties of the VP, Fundraising position are (but not limited to):
• Develop fundraising plan for the school year, along with the other four Board Members and Principal
• Take the lead on and execute the approved annual fundraising plan
• Vote on funds released to school per Principal request, one of five equal votes (majority rules)
• Correspond with other Board Members via email, text, or in-person meeting throughout the school year and possibly during the holiday and summer breaks to prepare for school year
• Attend annual Foundation Board Member meeting, annual Foundation Finance meeting, and occasional other meetings throughout the school year
• Term is a minimum of two years