Sensational Starr News
Whats Happening in Third Grade
Important Dates: September 29th - October 3rd
Oct. 3: Spirit Day: Crazy Hair Day
Oct. 6: LISD Board Meeting
Oct. 7: End of Fundraiser & Progress Reports
Oct. 9: Pickles, Popcorn, and Potato Chips for Sale $1 each
Spirit Day: Wear HVE shirt
Oct. 10: No School
Oc.t 13: No School
- GLUE STICKS-10 per child please
- PAGE PROTECTORS- if each child could bring a 25 count box we would have enough for the year. Many children have brought a few in.
- PENCIL TOP ERASERS- I order these 250 or 300 at a time from oriental trading. A third grade class usually goes through 500 a year.
- THAT'S ALL FOR NOW :) Thanks so much!
Science: We are moving on to changing that states of matter!
Language Arts/Writing: We will be focusing on personal narrative writing. Students will write a narrative based on a time they were on a team. We have written our first paragraph!
Reading/Social Studies: We will be reading Roberto Clemente. We will be learning a new strategy called Stop, Think, and React. We will also learn about the 3 branches of government.
Math: This week will continue our first unit on place value and simple addition/subtraction strategies.
Please help your child sell items in the fundraiser. The top selling class will earn a pizza party!!!
- Most sites are up and running now. Your child should have their user name and passwords in their binder. Please write in their binder if they are still having trouble logging in. Make sure you tell them to show me their binder.
Please sign up for Remind. This is a text messaging service where I can send updates to you. Message the number (469) 888-8152 with the message @starrcl
Please sign up for PTA memberships. I would love to have 100% participation in my classroom. You can now do this online at http://www.joinpta.org/jointest.asp
How your PTA Membership Dues help HVE: Technology, Furnish the Learning Lounges, Classroom Grants, Teacher Incentives, Books for the Library, Arts Enrichment, School Program Refreshments.