RHES Counseling Newsletter
This year ACPS elementary school counselors are focusing on a common social emotional learning topic every month. December's topic is Acceptance. Throughout the month, I will be sharing SeeSaw activities and synchronous lessons on Zoom that promote acceptance and inclusion. Check out the resources below to extend these conversations at home!
Ari Zlotnick (Ms. Z), School Counselor
Guide for Selecting Anti-Bias Children's Books
Talking to Young Children About Race and Racism: A Discussion Guide
We Are All Different; We Are All The Same
Monthly Mindful Moment: Scarf Snowstorm
- Twirl around in an imaginary snowstorm with your scarf
- Breathe in and breathe out as you make the sound of the storm (hoo - woo!)
- Toss the scarf up overhead and catch it on your head, arm, knee or any body part
- Notice the texture of the scarf and make a sound with it by rubbing the fabric
- Cover yourself up with a pile of scarves imagining you are buried in snow
- Throw a scarf up in the air and try to keep it floating by blowing it from underneath
Email Ms. Z (email@example.com) a picture of your family's Monthly Mindful Moment to see it featured on Red Hill's website or twitter account!