May 14. 2018
A Principal's Perspective
Thank you for cruising with us this week! What a week of fun appreciating this great staff of educators! I hope you enjoyed and felt my gratitude for the work that you do as you cruised this week. Thank you to the crew that helped with the logistics! This time of year we are interviewing future staff members to join our school family. My favorite part of the interview is to tell the candidate about our amazing, passionate, all about kids staff! Emergency responders, role models, honest, fair, nice, challengers, inspiring, helpful and question responders all describe teachers and remind us of how hard this job is that we call teaching! I know we have seen this video from Target about thanking a teacher. It is one of my favorites because it captures our world. Teachers do amazing things that go unnoticed each and every day. This staff defines what it means to be a teacher of excellence for each other and our community. Thank you for all that you do for our students and the impact that you make on each and every Mustang on this campus!
Be innovative - Design the possibilities!
Morning Duties for the Week
Gym & Morning Assembly (7:20-7:45): McMurray
Gym (7:20-7:45): Gilpatrick
Parent Drop Off Direct Traffic (7:20-7:55): Sullivan
Parent Drop Off Car Doors (7:20-7:55): Piscacek & Owen
Cafeteria (7:20-8:00): Magnuson
Bus (7:15 - 7:55 Buses/ Car Drop Off after all buses arrive): Holecek
Counselor Schedule: - STAAR & Classroom Support
Week at a Glance
Monday: 3rd & 4th Grade STAAR Math; Instructional/Leadership Meeting @ 3:30-4:15; Support 3rd & 4th Grade students and staff for STAAR - wear jeans and GP gray/purple polo shirt
Tuesday: 3rd & 4th Grade STAAR Reading; Support 3rd & 4th Grade students and staff for STAAR - wear jeans and GP black polo shirt
Wednesday: New to Kinder Parent Tour @ 12:15; Lunch Lounge Wednesday (Wear GP shirt and Jeans if eating in the lounge.)
Thursday: New to Kinder Parent Tour @ 7:30; Library books from students returned to library; CSISD Faculty Awards (retirement & Teacher and Paraprofessional of the Year.
- Thursday, May 17
- 6 p.m.
- Grace Bible Church Southwood Campus
Friday: Kinder Mud Day!!!; Library books from students returned to library; College Station Aquatics presentation in PE; Staff & family end of the year party 6:00. See below for more details and sign-up.
News & Notes
- Faculty Party: Please join us for a fun evening of fellowship with all of our families on Friday, May 18, from 6-? at Saddle Creek Pavilion. We will have a nacho/taco bar and all the fixins to share. We will also have swimming available for those that wish to get in as well has lifeguards on duty. This is a great opportunity to relax, enjoy the fellowship with GP staff and their families, and get ready for the last two weeks of school! Sign Up Link for Food to Bring: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/20f0e49afa629abfc1-endofyear
- Grade Level Leaders: Please schedule a time for Donna to meet with your team before the last day of school. Plan for about 30 minutes. Please see Casey or Donna to schedule.
- Summative Evaluations: If you have not signed up for a summative evaluation, please sign up with your admin evaluator by next week.
- STAAR Schedule: There is a change in the daily schedule for Monday and Tuesday STAAR days. Please see link: http://www.livebinders.com/media/get/MTc3NDAyNTM= Please note that 3rd grade will attend Morning Assembly and then proceed to their classroom.
- Book Fair Spring Stats:
- Total Sales: $16,916.70
- Profit returning to library for books, author programs, supplies, on-line programs: $3,906.86
- Scholastic Dollars for Books from Scholastic: $1,562.74
- All for Books Donations: $639.51 (This allowed the library to purchase 45 new books for the library.)
- Book Fair donations from parents for PreK & identified students: $445.00
- Matching funds from Scholastic for All for Books & parent donations: $1,084.51
- Book Fair Fall Stats:
- Total Sales: $17,378.77
- Profit returning to library for books, author programs, supplies, on-line programs: $3,623,38
- Scholastic Dollars profit: $800.00
Comp Day Information
This Week Birthdays:
Carrie Owen, May 16th