To provide superior Career and Technical Education enabling all students to achieve their aspirations.
For internal use only, please don't distribute or use the employer name if you retell this incredible story: We received this from an employer...
“We had a Hodgson Tech Drafting co-op student last year. He was working on preliminary drawings for a $1.2 million project we are bidding on. I remember asking him to get some updated copies of his drawings when it hit me – we had a high school senior working on drawings for a 1.2 million dollar proposal. And we were all good with that,” said Sharon Malgire, Marketing & Communications Coordinator for Precision AirConvey Corporation in Newark. “I told the student he was well on his way to a great career with that kind of experience on his resume. Your schools do a great job of preparing your students. We are impressed.”
Always remember, #NCCVTWORKS
1. This week we welcomed Tammy McDermott to Howard High as their new AP. Welcome Tammy!
2. This week we welcomed 5 legislators to tour Hodgson to fully understand our desire to build a new Hodgson Vo-Tech. Jerry and his team was amazing. Our push for a new HVT and update DTHS is a continual effort.
3. I attended the Wilmington Community Advisory Council bi-monthly meeting. The mission of the group is to end violence among the youth specifically in the 801, 802, 805 zip codes. To better understand the violence crippling many of our cities in America and some recommended solutions I started reading, Bleeding Out: The Devastating Consequences of Urban Violence--and a Bold New Plan for Peace in the Streets.
4. Thank you for a successful Parent Night in each of our schools.
5. AED started and the parking lots are packed! Keep up the great work AnneMarie and Mark.
6. We held our Unity Day student leadership program and it was an incredible day. Special thanks to Cameron Davis for being emcee, Delcastle Culinary Arts, the Student Activity Coordinators for all of their help, and Michele Marra who is just awesome! Our keynote speaker, A'ric Jackson, was very impressive and delivered a message that resonated with both students and adults.
7. Chad Harrison shared a very powerful video reinforcing why we must all be diligent in regards to school safety. Watch it HERE.
8. Howard's Turf Field is coming along beautifully.
Up Ahead: Expo & Goals
Governor's Construction Expo: Several of us will be volunteering at the Gov's construction expo this Monday at the Chase Center. Over 2000 middle school students will be exposed to the skilled trades and from 3:00 to 6:00 there will be a construction career fair.
Goals (repeat from last week):
Throughout this month, I will be meeting with the principals and district personnel to set and formalize their annual goals. This year we will use the DPAS II component V goal sheet. We won't have an additional form to complete.
Since we are a high school only district, we don't have Measure A goals, so you will have either a Measure B and a Measure C goal or two Measure C goals.
For example, a building administrator will have an SAT goal for her Measure B and a career area credentialing assessment pass rate for their Measure C.
A non-instructional administrator may have two Measures Cs directly tied out our Strategic Plan: https://k12de.sharepoint.com/sites/NCCVT/Shared%20Documents/Strategic%20Plan/2018%20strategic%20plan%20final.pdf
You can access the DPAS II guide here:
Quote on Principle C--Communication
You never know when a moment and a few sincere words can have an impact on a life.
Going Beyond...Get M.A.D.
Aligned to our quote this week, tell someone how much they mean to you, professionally or personally.
9/23 -- Governor's Construction Career Expo
-- Board Meeting at St. Georges
9/24 -- Administrative Workshop
9/30 End of the Unit Count