Clark-Pleasant Middle School Library Media Center July 2016
CPMS LMC Mission Statement
The mission of the Clark-Pleasant Middle School Library Media Center is to ensure that students are effective users of ideas and information by collaborating with other educators to design learning strategies that support the curriculum. Our mission is to provide access to resources in varying formats, to provide instruction in information literacy, and to encourage a love for reading and learning.
Student Visits to the CPMS LMC
- Daily hours are 7:35 am - 3 pm, open all lunch periods
- Students are welcome to make independent visits with their classroom teacher's permission when they bring a signed pass from the teacher. Contact Mrs. Kern if you need to send more than three students at one time.
Teachers: What CPMS LMC Can do for You
- professional library space
- research helps
- YHBA club
- book talks
- helpful student assistants
- opportunities for collaborative lessons
- design of tutorials and lessons
- compilation of websites and e-books for class assignments
English classes visit the LMC regularly and participate in lessons on using the library and technology. Students also hear book talks and view trailers based on books to help them make independent reading selections. Please utilize our offerings and ask if you have any questions. I am happy to help!
Calling ALL CPMS Teachers...
Upcoming LMC Events 2016-2017
- Scholastic Book Fair ~October 3-7, 2016
- Barnes & Noble Book Fair ~December 3, 2016
- Sharon Draper Author Visit ~March 13,2017
- Staff Jeopardy ~Winter 2017
- Ongoing Contests for students and teachers throughout the year
CPMS LMC Social Media
- Twitter handle: @cpmslmc
- Instagram handle: cpms_lmc
Flash contest today only-If you follow already or follow today, send me an email with the subject social media (be sure to let me know whether you follow on Instagram, Twitter. or both) and it will you enter you into a drawing for a fabulous prize. Two winners will be announced Tuesday morning!