When they got into Photography
Why he is Famous
When asked if he has ever taken a perfect picture he said no.
"In my relationships with Gucci, Burberry, or Versace I do find moments when I totally get the woman that the designers are trying to create. So it happens. I mean it is funny, really, because I am so hard on my work that I never really get to see it how other people see it. It is difficult to be your own judge."
"50% of my job is planning, 20% is the actual shoot, 30% is what happens after."
What people are saying
James Dauris, the British Ambassador in Peru, said: "Mario Testino has maintained a close relationship with the United Kingdom over the years.
His work there, including his collaboration with the Royal Family, has allowed him to establish his reputation as one of today’s best portrait photographers. Mario’s work has contributed to strengthening the cultural bridges between Peru and Great Britain."
Why I like his work
- He has a charity in his home country a not-for-profit cultural organization.
- In 2013, he shot Cara Delevingne for Burberry's Body Tender campaign - her first fragrance shoot.
- Mario has published 11 books.
- Mario Testino also held many successful exhibitions in museums and galleries in many different countries.
- The Gucci campaign with Carine Roitfeld was Testino’s first big success in fashion.
- After the photo shoot of Princess Diana, he became a favorite photographer for the Royal Family. He did the official photographs for Prince Harry’s 18th birthday. He also took the official photograph of Prince Charles and his wife Camilla on their first wedding anniversary.
- He also took wedding pictures for the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge.