Central Update Bulletin - Issue 27
Please let me know if there are any unforeseen conflicts. Thank you for helping make sure the cafeteria is being well monitored on these days. We will be having whisper lunch and if this can't be achieved we will need to have silent lunch out of respect for those testing.
3rd-5th Grade Teachers iStation...has been funded!
- 3rd—5th iStation Reading, iStation Home, Writing Rules
- 3rd—iStation Reading en Espanol
Students can access iStation from the PC, iPad, or Chromebook. Students will also have access from home.
For information on how to get started please see the docs located in this folder: https://goo.gl/hhx0L5
We will be discussing be discussing Tutoring, RTI, and Scheduling...Focused around the question:
Our needs continue to be high in the area of RTI/Tutoring and our Title and Local budget continues to shrink creating less funds for external intervention.
What are some sustainable structural changes we could make in order to ensure our students needs are being met?
TELPAS Online Reading Testing Schedule
Here is the schedule: https://goo.gl/e6ctnW
Learn More, Achieve More
Twitter Challenge for the Week!
Tweet about something about teaching at Central that is AWE inspiring @CentralCFB and use the hashtag #AweOfCentral. This could be something a teammate does, a student, a co-worker, or yourself does to make Central the special place it is!
Thank you to everyone who twitted to the #LuckofCentral. 17 people twitted out this week to the hashtag! We rocked it!!! Thank you Giddens, Galloway, Mayberry, Scrudder, Ruiz, Borchert, Strickland, Castro, Rodriguez, Jackson, Gallegos, K. Clark, Gonzales, L. Clark, Shiflett, Turner, and Atchison.
If we can get 25 people to tweet out this week...Everyone will get a jeans day on Monday, March 28th!
Week at a Glance
Monday, March 21st
- New Teacher Academy @ 3:15-4:15
- Math Monday 3rd Grade @ 3:30
- Science Monday K-2 @ 3:30
Tuesday, March 22nd
- STAAR Parent Info Night @ 5:00-6:00, 3rd Grade
Wednesday, March 23rd
- PTA jeans day
Friday, March 25th
- Bad Weather Day - No School
Future Dates To Remember:
Tuesday, March 29th
- 5th Grade Math STAAR Testing
- 4th Grade Writing STAAR Testing
Wednesday, March 30th
- 5th Grade Reading STAAR Testing
Monday, April 4th
- Technology Committee: Team Approach @ Central Library, 3:15-4:15
- Math Monday 1st and 2nd @ ESDC, 3:30-5:00
- Science Monday 5th Grade @ESDC, 3:30-5:0o
Wednesday, April 6th
- Faculty Visit with Dr. Burns @ Library, 3:15-4:15 (professional dress)
Saturday, April 9th
- CFBISD Job Fair @ RLT 9:00-1:00