November 7, 2019
Here is What Happened this Week!
- We had a Kindness Club meeting on Monday and a Peer Mentor Meeting today after school.
- Teachers had professional development on Tuesday while students had off from school.
- We had Outdoor Classroom Day today--it was awesome!
- Students and staff did a Warwick Excellent job during our ALICE Evacuation and Rally Point Drill.
- 5th & 6th Graders had an Advocacy Assembly today. Dr. Leatherbarrow gathered 5th and 6th graders around and discussed how harmful bullying and unkind words and actions can be. We agreed that we do not want those things at Warwick but sometimes it is difficult to know what to do when we hear them or see them. We learned that every day we teach people how we want to be treated. We discovered that there are many more kind Warwick students than those who are unkind. We learned that to advocate is to stand up for someone, ourselves or others, and that there are many ways to "find your voice" in advocacy. As a first advocacy in action activity, each student will create a decorated positive peace reminder to be placed where students feel we most need the reminder. Finally, Dr. Leatherbarrow shared that soon 5th and 6th grades will work together to write a "Full Value Contract"--something that 6th grade is familiar with from their time at Camp Adventure. From the voices of our students, the FVC will remind us to fully value each and everyONE at Warwick, each and every day.
- Don't forget, Young Engineers is tonight at East at 6 PM.
What's Happening Next?
- The PTO sponsored K.I.S.S. (Kids Invite Someone Special) Glow Party is tomorrow night!
- Our Veteran's Day Assemblies are on Monday, November 11. We thank all Veterans and Active Service Men and Women for their service to our country. We ask everyone to wear Red, White, and Blue to show their appreciation.
- Our PTO sponsored Book Fair starts on Monday, November 11 and goes through the week. Our Night Book Fair is on Wednesday, November 13 from 6 - 8 PM. Parents should park in the large parking lot off Meetinghouse Road and come in the side door.
- Celebrate Education visitations start on November 12. Please check the schedule emailed to all Warwick parents and guardians.
- Title One Parent Night is on Thursday, November 14th at 6:30 PM. Invited parents and guardians should park in the large parking lot off Meetinghouse Road and come in the side door.
Click here to see more events planned for Warwick during this school year.
Congratulations to our October Boomerang Nominees!
The following students were recognized for being models of Asset #18-Involvement in Youth Programs!
Kindergarten, Zaira K. Gr. 1, Noah B, Ryan B, Maya D, Rylee E, Miles J, Anabelle P, Julie R, Lily Z.
Gr. 2, Andrew S. Gr. 3, Matt E, Trevor J. Gr. 4, Cameron Y. Gr 5, Shreyan K, David T, Abby W. Gr. 6, Madalyn A, Robert B, Aaryan, K, Nathan W.
Welcome, Mrs. Liczbinski!
Warwick November Library News
School Visits & Security
Holiday Shoebox Giving Project
Thanksgiving Lunch on November 19
Aramark is offering a Thanksgiving day meal at all Elementary Schools on Tuesday, November 19th. The meal consists of Turkey and Gravy, Stuffing, Mashed Potatoes, Green Beans, Cornbread and a Pumpkin Parfait. For every Thanksgiving meal sold to students and faculty on this day, Aramark will be donating 10 cents worth of groceries to the Doylestown Food Pantry.
Thank you to everyone who checked out our last Weekly. Here is a look at how many that was from our Analytics...
Before parents and guardians can volunteer, they must have all necessary clearances. Click here so you are ready when volunteer opportunities arise.
Use this link to update your student's emergency information, check attendance, see immunizations, and more.
- Previous Warwick Weeklies
- Warwick Parent/Guardian Handbook
- Library Newsletters: Check out upcoming events, what books are hot, and what students in each grade are learning in the Warwick Library!
- Having trouble finding that next great book to read. Try the "What Should I Read Next website: https://whatshouldireadnext.com.
- My Payments Plus
- Lunch Menu
- Apply for Free/Reduced Breakfast & Lunch
- Teacher Web Pages
- Parent/Guardian Volunteer Requirements
- PTO: Web Page and Letter from our President
- When to Keep your Student Home from School for Illness
- CBSD Mobile App - Parents and guardians can get a FREE CB App to keep up with all things Warwick and CB.
- Before/Aftercare at Warwick
- Parent Portal - Ongoing student progress reporting and more.
- CB Cares Education Foundation's Backpack Newsflash
- E-Friday Folder
- We Want to Hear from You - An online place to record feedback for us on how we did each week
Help Support Warwick
You can support Warwick while you shop. It is easy! Here is how...
- Giant A+: Go to https://giantfoodstores.com/ and select SIGN IN or REGISTER. Once Logged in, select MY ACCOUNT, then MANAGE MY ACCOUNT, then REWARDS & SAVINGS. You will need your 11-digit BONUSCARD number and school ID number which is 26483. If you need assistance, call 1-888-814-4268 option 1.
- Box Tops: Stay tuned for NEW information on how to "clip" Box Tops without using scissors at all!
- Amazon Smile: Go to Amazon Smile and use the search feature to find Warwick Elementary PTO in Jamison, PA. When shopping at Amazon, use Amazon Smile to benefit Warwick.
Thank you for your continued support!
Click here to learn more about our amazing PTO and how you can get involved!
Follow us on Twitter
Get Warwick Tweets by following @CBWarwickElem on Twitter. Or you can view our Twitter feed by visiting our Warwick home page.
Follow/Like us on Facebook
New this year, Warwick has its own Facebook Page. We will use this to communicate highlights and upcoming events much like we do using Twitter.
Follow the instructions to download the free CBSD app to stay connected with all of your selected CBSD schools.