April 2022 : Panther Press
April Breakfast and Lunch Menus
Engaged, Well Rounded Students
1. Student Learning and Progress
2. Student Readiness
3. Engaged, Well-Rounded Students
4. Community Engagement and Partnerships
5. Professional Learning/Quality Staff
6. Fiscal and Operational Systems
7. Safety and Well-Being
Data has been collected and analyzed for each of the seven pillars above. The current status of each pillar was shared with stakeholders in November and February, and will be shared once again in May. All of this information and the current status of each pillar can be found on the district website.
Piner Elementary would like to make sure we have the most up to date information about all the wonderful school based and community based activities our students are involved in (Pillar 3, Engaged, Well Rounded Students). To help us gather this information, please complete the Google Form linked below, for each Piner student by Friday, April 29th.
Terrace Metrics Screener
3rd, 4th, and 5th grade students in Kenton County will be taking the Terrace Metrics screener before 5/6/22.
- Piner 5th graders will take the screener on 4/6/22.
- 4th grade students will take the screener on 4/20/22.
- 3rd grade students will take the screener on 5/4/22.
Please read this document to understand more about the screener.
If your child is in person they will be taking the screener at school unless you do not want them to. You will need to fill out an opt out form if you wish for them to NOT take it. Here is the link for the opt out form. https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScodJCg_sPXTdEnBrJrZcsne3j0GsokhItsEdbyTRWqJ30_1A/viewform?usp=sf_link
Please contact Mrs. Blaze if you have any questions about this.
A Big Thank You From the PTA!!!
The Shamrock Shake Fun Run was a huge success and the PTA was able to raise over $9,000, which broke our pre-COVID Fun Run record!!!!! WOW!!!!!
Thank you to everyone who made our Fun Run such a huge success!
PTA LaRosa's Buddy Card Fundraiser
April 6th - 22nd - LaRosa's Buddy Card Fundraiser
LaRosa's Buddy Cards will go home 4/6 and are due back to the school on 4/22. The cost is $10/card ($150 value). It's good for 14 buddy deals: Buy any large pizza, get a large cheese pizza, FREE! We can accept cash, check, or Venmo. Posted below is a flyer with additional information.
Trimester 3 Midterms
SBDM Parent Representative Nominations and Election
We are currently accepting nominations for a parent representative to serve one year on the School Based Decision Making (SBDM) Council at Piner Elementary School. Any parent with a child attending Piner during the 2022-2023 year is eligible to run for SBDM. SBDM representatives are required to attend a training session (six-hours for a new member/three-hours for an experienced member) and monthly meetings.
Election dates will be in person at the April 19 open PTA meeting at 6pm. Once Elections are complete the school administration will be notified.
PTA Board Member Nominations and Election
The PTA is also accepting nominations for PTA Board Members at Piner Elementary School. Any parent with a child attending Piner during the 2022-2023 year is eligible to run for Board Member positions.
If you would like to nominate/run to be a member of the PTA board please complete this form and return it to Amy Nitschke: email@example.com by April 8, 2022. You may also send in a copy to the front office.
Election date will be in person at the April 19 open PTA meeting at 6pm.
KCSD Spring Break
PTA Skate Night Fundraiser
Title I Parent and Family Engagement Policy
2022 Maker Expo
The 2022 Maker Expo is being held at Ignite Institute on April 30th from 10am-2pm.
Posted below is more information and several flyers with details about this year’s event.
The Maker Expo is free for attendees and will have several engaging activities for students and their families. Details and challenge registration can be found at www.themakerexpo.com.
- Brick Build Challenge for grades 1-8: Students will build a LEGO creation inspired by a movie and bring their builds to be displayed at the Expo. The NKY Makerspace will host open build times (see below) for interested participants, providing LEGOs for the constructions which can be kept by the brick builders after the Expo. Prizes will be awarded.
- Open Build Times at the Makerspace (37 Atlantic Avenue, Erlanger, KY 41018): 4/2 1-3PM, 4/5 3-6PM, 4/13 9-11AM, and 4/23 10AM-12PM.
- Chalk Art Challenge for grade 9-12: Students will transform a scene from a movie into a chalk art masterpiece on 5’x5’ blacktop. Enter on your own or with a partner. Chalk artists can start their masterpieces at 8:00am. All designs must be completed by 12:00noon. Prizes will be awarded.
- Artist Market: Designed to support and shine a light on local artists and designers and inspire the next generation of makers. Artists will be sharing part of their making process and selling their creations.
- Maker Tables and School Showcase: Presentations and activities focused on robotics, 3-D printing, electronics, coding, and STEAM making.
- Career Corner: Local businesses showcasing their internship and career opportunities.
- Camps & Activities Fest: Opportunities for extracurricular and summer programs.
- Food Trucks: There will be food trucks to enjoy during the event.
- April 6th: Terrace Metrics Screener 5th grade 9am
- April 6th - 22nd: PTA LaRosa's Buddy Card Fundraiser
- April 9th: SBDM and PTA Board Member Nominations due to Mrs. Nitschke or school office
- April 11th - 15th: No School - Spring Break
- April 19th: PTA Meeting (SBDM and PTA Board Member Elections) 6-6:30pm in Cafeteria
- April 20th: Terrace Metrics Screener 4th grade 9am
- April 20th: SBDM Meeting
- May 2nd - May 20th: RI (Reading Inventory) Foundational Subtest Assessment Window - Grades 1 and 2
- May 2nd - May 16th: RI (Reading Inventory) Assessment Window - Grade 3
- May 4th: Terrace Metrics Screener 3rd grade 9am
- May 9th - 26th: Kentucky Summative Assessment Testing Window (formerly known as K-Prep) - Grades 3 - 5
- May 17th: No School
- May 26th: Field Day
- May 26th: Last Day of School
- May 26th: Trimester 3 Report Cards sent home
- May 26th: 5th grade Promotion @ Twenhofel Middle School (time TBD)