Sierra Family Newsletter March 12, 2021
Message from the Principal
Dear Sierra Families,
1) Thank you to everyone who participated in our online eBay auction! It was a great success raising $12,000! We are so grateful to this generous community. And thank you to our incredible PTC volunteers and donors for making it all possible!
2) If you still want to participate, we are keeping our Fund-a-Need fundraising tradition tied to our annual auction open. If every family donated $43 for every child they have at Sierra, we would meet our goal of $15,000! This supports outdoor education (getting shade for our outdoor learning spaces for when the weather heats up!), science materials, IB training for staff to maintain our IB authorization, and much more! Click here to donate now!
3) I have been reviewing our schoolwide learning data for each and every student. I am absolutely AMAZED by the tremendous progress and growth we are seeing thanks to the amazing teachers and instructional aide team here, and your support at home. One of the upsides to having smaller groups on campus is definitely paying off in the growth our sharks are proving!
4) MARK YOUR CALENDARS!!!! Two more weeks of the AM/PM schedule and then we will resume our typical pre-pandemic full day bell schedule, on our first day back from spring break, TUESDAY, April 6th, below:
- Monday: Kindergarten 7:50-1:10; 1st-6th 7:50-1:20
- Tuesday - Friday: Kindergarten 7:50-2:10; 1st-6th 7:50-2:20
- Minimum Days (May 13, May 17, and June 3): Kindergarten 7:50-12:10; 1st-6th 7:50-12:20
DINE AND DONATE
Mark your calendar for Dine & Donate at La Huaca Peruvian Cuisine!
Date: Tuesday, March 16, 2021
Time: 1:00pm - 9:00pm
Place: 9213 Sierra College Boulevard Suite 140, Roseville, CA 95661
See the flyer for details for walk-in or take-out orders. Be sure to mention Sierra Elementary PTC before placing your order by phone.
Thank you for your support!
Thank you all for your generous donations! With your help and community support, we raised $12,500.00!
There is still time to support Sierra Elementary and PICK YOUR PASSION!
So far our FUND-A-NEED has raised the following:
Alternative seating $75.00 dollars our goal is $1000.00
Outdoor learning $200.00 dollars our goal is $1500.00
Science Supplies $75.00 dollars our goal is $500.00
Teacher Training $50.00 dollars our goal is $15000.00
You can support one or more of these exciting ideas brought to the PTC by Mrs. Westberg and our amazing Sierra Elementary School teachers by going to https://www.flipcause.com/secure/reward/MTA5Mzg5 and choosing something you are passionate about.
We love our Sierra Elementary School Community! GOOOOO SHARKS!
IMPORTANT DATES TO REMEMBER
3/29 - 4/5: NO SCHOOL: Spring Break
Click this button for a video and more details. Share with your friends with school-ready little ones!
Check out our weekly announcements videos shared with students every Monday morning!
Lunch may be picked up for RVC students from 11:30 - 12:00 Monday - Friday from our school cafeteria. Our Nutrition Services Website has the menu for the month so your shark knows what they will be sinking their teeth into each day.