Career Center Newsletter for the week of November 15
Greetings Students and Families,
Struggling with career or college research? Not sure what the plan is beyond high school? Well, students can make an appointment with the link in the resources section. Parents can email me for assistance with financial aid applications or simply to meet with me and the student.
Career Center Newsletters are a great resource for tips, deadlines, and all things career and college-related. But sometimes we need reminders for upcoming events.
Sign up for Remind to receive text messages for events through the Career Center like:
- Career Fairs
- College Fairs
- College Visitors
- Military Visitors
- Industry Visitors (Career Guests)
- Link to sign up is in the resources
As always, need assistance, please contact me.
pronounced Deeann Fritchee
She | Her | Hers
Career & College Specialist
Enumclaw High School
(360) 802-7669 main office
(360) 802-7825 direct line
- Financial Aid Application Opened for current Seniors to apply & College Students to renew - 1 October 2021 - deadline 30 June 2022
- Don't miss out on grant and scholarship opportunities because you think you do not qualify!!
In the Commons During Lunch:
- Air Force - 2nd & 4th Thursday each month
- Army - 2nd & 4th Wednesday each month
- Army National Guard - 1st Wednesday each month
- Coast Guard - 1st & 3rd Tuesday each month
- Marines - 1st & 3rd Thursday each month
- Navy - 1st Monday each month
Career & College guest speakers during Hornet Times - Sign Up @ Career Center:
- Nov. 16 Green River College - 10:45 AM - 11:10 AM (Hornet Time)
- Nov. 16 Green River College - 11:15 AM - 11:45 AM (Hornet Time)
- Nov. 16 Green River College - 11:35 AM - 12:05 PM (Hornet Time)
- Nov. 16 Green River College - 12:15 PM - 12:40 PM (Hornet Time)
- Nov. 17 Western WA Sheet Metal JATC - 10:45 AM - 11:10 AM (Hornet Time)
- Nov. 17 Western WA Sheet Metal JATC - 11:15 AM - 11:45 AM (Hornet Time)
- Nov. 17 Western WA Sheet Metal JATC - 11:35 AM - 12:05 PM (Hornet Time)
- Nov. 17 Western WA Sheet Metal JATC - 12:15 PM - 12:40 PM (Hornet Time)
- Nov. 17 University of Oregon - 10:45 AM - 11:10 AM (Hornet Time) Virtual Visit
- Nov. 30 Washington State U - 11:35 AM - 12:05 PM (Hornet Time)
- Career Fair - 3 March 2022 @ 6 PM - 7:30 PM (Tentative - Save The Date)
- More fairs listed in Resources
Here are a few examples.
What courses in high school would assist in Floral Careers?
Advanced Floral Design
According to the Bureau of Labor and Statistics, the demand for Horticulturists between 2020 and 2030 show very little change. However, the demand for organic food production in agriculture is one of the fastest-growing industries.