Why Choose TPCA for High School?
Weekly Look Into the Heart of Traders Point High School
Does a Christian School Education REALLY Make a Difference?
What is the Cardus Education Survey? Stick with me here....
The 2011 Cardus Education Survey, considered the most significant representative benchmark of non-public school academic, cultural, and spiritual outcomes in the United States, accessed the most reliable and representative sample of religious schoolers in the United States, age 24-39. Unlike other studies in the field, the statistical analysis—controlling for over 30 variables known to impact development, such as the closeness of one’s relationship to parents, religious service attendance, race, and educational attainment—was better able to isolate the effect of school type on the spiritual, socio-cultural, and educational outcomes of students six to 21 years after high school graduation.
In addition, Cardus sampled over 150 Christian school administrators in the U.S. and Canada, and through their results were able to determine the impact of Christian schools on adults in today’s society.
Do the Motivations for Private Religious Catholic and Protestant Schooling in North America Align with Graduate Outcomes?
THE CARDUS EDUCATION SURVEY (CES) studied alignment between the motivations and outcomes of Christian education, to better understand the role of Christian schools in students’ lives, in families, and in larger society. Survey results were very enlightening in revealing the value of Christian education.
Cardus found that IN CONTRAST TO the popular stereotypes portraying Christian schools as promoting a socially fragmented, anti-intellectual, politically radical, and militantly right-winged lifestyle, this comprehensive study reveals a very different picture of the Christian school graduate.
Compared to their public school, Catholic school, and non-religious private school peers:
- Protestant Christian school graduates are uniquely compliant, generous, outwardly-focused individuals who stabilize their communities by their uncommon commitment to their families, their churches, and larger society.
- Graduates of Christian schools donate money significantly more than graduates of other schools, despite having lower household income.
- Similarly, graduates of Protestant Christian schools are more generous with their time, participating far more than their peers both in service trips for relief and development and in mission trips for evangelization.
- Instead of the picture of the Christian positioned on the offense in the “culture war,” these graduates harbor distinctive hope and optimism about their lives and their futures, and have the tools to engage in healthy relationships and address the problems in their lives.
- Protestant Christian school graduates are the only private school graduates more thankful for what they have in life than their public school peers.
- In addition, Protestant Christian school graduates are the only private school graduates to report greater direction in life than their public school peers, with non-religious private and Catholic school graduates feeling statistically the same as their public school peers.
- Unlike their peers in other schools, Protestant Christian school graduates do not report feeling helpless when dealing with problems in life. In many ways, the average Protestant Christian school graduate is a foundational, reliable, and indispensible member of society.
Sample of Survey Graphs
- Catholic education
- Christian/Protestant education
- Nonreligious education
- Homeschool education
Full survey results for the 2011 and 2014 Cardus Education Surveys are available at:
Each week we send you this enews sharing one tidbit about our classes, student and graduate accomplishments, facility updates, faculty bios - anything we think will help you to know WHY you would choose Traders for your child's high school. We already know and love your child and have built a program that is intentional about their academic and spiritual growth. What better place for them to become wise and fully prepared to fulfill God's plan for their life!