Earthling Project BY: Lisa Unger
Some tips about Energy Conservation!
- Increase your air conditioner temperature by one degree. Believe it or not, it could mean significant savings over the long run.
- When it’s cool outside, open the windows and turn off the air.
- If you’re going to be away from your home for a long time, say, on vacation or a long weekend, turn the temperature up. Or better yet, turn the air conditioning unit off.
- Replace air filters every month. Clogged filters mean your A/C works harder.
- Install a programmable thermostat if you don’t have one already. Set the times and temperatures to match your schedule.
- Bigger isn’t always better. Buy the proper-sized equipment to meet your family’s needs. An oversized A/C unit will waste energy.
- Tan outside instead of a tanning bed ;)
- Unplug everything thats not in use at the moment.
- Keep your curtains open during the day. The sunlight makes the inside of your house radiated and comfy.
Start conserving moreeeee!!
Conserving energy is needed. Maybe others don't think so, but they probably don't think about it as much. We overuse energy! Instead of overusing it, lets share it?
It was interesting and fun, I loved it!
My first pamphlet:
This pamphlet is for the people who don't know much about my topic. I made it for them to understand more :)
My second pamphlet:
This pamphlet is for the people who know a lot about energy conservation and has extra tips and suggestions :)
This link goes to my responses from my questionnaire/survey. I thank all those who helped me!
I loved this project! It taught me more about what I know about energy conservation! I didn't know much about it until i researched it. Fact after fact lead me more into this topic. Everybody can help share energy to the world. They just haven't given much thought and effort into it. I think about energy conservation a lot now. Every electronic thing is unplugged when its not in use. I used to not do that. Now, it bugs me to not do it. I hope everyone can get into the same habit. I hope you enjoyed my explaining of experience! Thanks!