BJHS Weekly Newsletter for May 15-21, 2017
CONGRATS TO BRODY GROUT!
Bidwell's own Brody Grout was the Stoneyford Rodeo's 2017 steer riding champion!
CONGRATS TO BLAST SOFTBALL!
We are happy to announce that our BLAST program brought the softball trophy home, winning 21-16! BLAST ball players BALL PLAYERS had amazing attitudes and sportsmanship, and we are definitely proud of them. A special shout out goes to Mr. Wardlow for coming and cheering on the crew! And as always, thank you to Mr. Seeman for coaching our team to victory!
PLEASE COME TO THE OFFICE OR CLICK HERE FOR AN APPLICATION!
EIGHTH GRADE PROMOTION CEREMONY
Our Eighth Grade Promotion Ceremony will be held Thursday, June 8th at 8:30 on the blacktop behind Bidwell. The following is a list of tips that we hope will help you ensure that your students take care of things that need to be done to ensure a happy last week of school.
- If your student has any outstanding debts at school they need to be paid or their certificates will be withheld until they are paid. Debts include textbooks, library books, any other charges for lost or damaged school property and outstanding debts to other schools. A list of those who still have debts will be read at promotion practice on Wednesday, June 7th. Students on this list must resolve their debt to receive their certificates on Thursday.
- Appropriate dress is very important for the promotion ceremony. Formal dress is not allowed. Gentlemen are asked to wear nice pants and a collared shirt. It is certainly OK to wear a tie. Ladies dress in sundresses or something that is of a similar level of formality. High-heeled shoes are not allowed because of safety on the ramp.
- Students need to report for line-up for the ceremony, Thursday, June 8th by 8:00 a.m. The processional will start at 8:30 a.m.
- Students must not carry anything in their hands during the ceremony.
- Parents may not enter the student seating area until after the ceremony.
- Students must not leave their seat until the ceremony is over.
- Promotion takes place on the basketball courts. Chairs for the students will be provided but please bring lawn chairs for your family and guests.
- If possible, please do not bring balloons to the ceremony because they obstruct the views of the audience. If you do bring balloons, please take them to Room 408 and you can pick them up after the ceremony.
GIRLS ON THE RUN IS SO MUCH FUN!
Parents – Do you have a girl going in to 3rd, 4th or 5th grade in the fall? We are happy to announce that Girls on the Run will be offering a team at Bidwell again this fall!
Girls on the Run is MUCH more than a running program. We BUILD GIRLS’ CONFIDENCE, HELP THEM REALIZE THEIR POTENTIAL, UNDERSTAND BETTER WHO THEY ARE and TEACH THEM THAT THEY CAN DO ANYTHING THEY SET THEIR MINDS ON. It all happens through fun, dynamic lessons and running games. Running is used to encourage lifelong health and fitness while building confidence through accomplishment.
At the season's conclusion, the girls will implement a community service project and complete a 5K (3.1 miles) fun run. Completing the 5K gives the girls a tangible sense of achievement as well as a framework for setting and achieving life goals.
DON’T MISS LOTTERY REGISTRATION
IT IS NOW OPEN THRU May 26th at 5 pm!
We will run the Lottery after 5 pm on May 26th and families will know by Tuesday, May 30th if their daughter has a spot for the fall or is put on a waiting list. TEAMS are LIMITED to 15 girls so be sure to register during Lottery.
Our fall 2017 season will begin the week of Sept. 4th 2017. Girls meet 2X/week on campus right after-school (days of the week will be determined by the coaches). The celebratory GOTR 5K fun run will be held Saturday November 11th in Bidwell Park in Chico.
You can visit our website at www.gotrnorthstate.org for more information, registration fees and to find the link to our registration page.
BIDWELL T-SHIRTS FOR SALE!
ATTENTION 8TH GRADE STUDENTS
Are you interested in playing sports next year in high school? Just a reminder, your grades this semester affect your athletic eligibility for both fall and winter sports next year in high school. You must pass 4 classes this semester AND have a 2.00 grade point average (C average) by June to be cleared to participate in sports at whatever high school you plan on attending(some schools allow a onetime waiver if you have at least a 1.50 GPA). Work on your grades now! If you have questions you can call Randy Gilzean at (530)891-3050 ext. 227 after 1:00pm. Please leave a message if there is no answer.
2017 YOUNG WRITERS' FESTIVAL
Like us on Facebook!
Follow us on Instagram!
Follow us on Twitter!