Knightly News: EXCEL
Week of February 14th
LOVE the BUS week-February 14-18
Support our SGMS bus drivers--this week
Our admin team will be giving he drivers tokens of appreciation and any staff that choose.
February--Month to show our LOVE of STAFF!
This past week a group of 6 staff received a token of appreciation for a challenge they completed. More fun and rewards this week and the remainder of the month. So please partner with us to support Share the Love.
THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR PARTNERSHIP IN SHARING LOVE WITH OUR SGMS FAMILY!!
Ways to exemplify our CORE values-these are just a few--showcase others for all to see.
E=Epitomize Integrity-students set the right example
- follow school rules (Level 0 in hallway, cellphones put up during school day, no hats/hoods in building, earbuds/air pods used for instruction only...)
- complete assignments to the best of your ability
- show kindness and compassion to others-help versus hinder or hurt
- words and actions are of the highest with kindness, honesty and treating others they way you would like to be treated
C=Commit to Learn
- Attend school when not sick
- Be on time to all classes
- Come prepared with school tools (chrome book, pencil, paper, workbooks, calculator..)
- Ask questions
- Engage in class activities
- Complete all assignments in high quality
- treat chromebook with care
- use chromebook for instructional purposes only
- Bring all supplies including homework assignments to class
- Line up and use level zero in transitions
- See something, say something..
L=Lead with Courage
- leadership comes with following expectations
- taking risks to try instructional challenges
- help others
- treat classmates and staff with respect
Athletics this week
Monday-2/14—Basketball vs Welborn at Welborn—445PM—Girls Play First—
Please note top two teams in each conference will be eligible for the GCS Tournament that will begin on Wednesday 2/16. Stay tuned as our Boys team should be eligible. This will be an all district middle school tournament. Games will take place on 2/16, 2/17 and finals on 2/23. More than likely these will be played at another school as higher seed teams get home court advantage.
EXCEL at Athletic Events:
- Students may not stay after school unless you are supervised by an adult staff member or coach.
- Masks are required by everyone except the 10 players on the court. Masks should cover nose and mouth at all times. Failure to follow this current ruling for schools will require dismissal from the game.
- Be respectful and mindful of those around you so that all that are in attendance can enjoy the game. Please stay seated while in the stands so all fans can see.
- Concessions and restrooms will be on the café hall so there should not be anyone in any other area.
- Please clean up after yourself and throw away all trash before leaving your area.
- Students must have rides pick them up in front of the school no later than 15 minutes after the game is over. Announcements will be made at the end of 3rd quarter and midway of 4th reminding students of the current time and to call or check in with your rides.
- After the game all fans, students, families etc. must exit the gym and building and meet their friend/child/athlete or ride outside. Only players may go with coaches to change and pick up belongings.
- Any student that is not picked up within 15 minutes after the game will not be able to stay for the next home game.
Spring Pictures--February 18th
Reflect and Renew : SEL focus
Quotes for A renewed Commitment: Choose one or more and apply to your daily life
"Don't become too preoccupied with what is happening around you. Pay more attention to what is going on within you." - Mary-Frances Winters
"Your soul needs time for solitude and self-reflection. In order to love lead, heal and create you must nourish yourself first." - Linda Joy
"Dwell not on the faults and shortcomings of others; instead, seek clarity about your own." - Buddha
Honest self reflection opens your mind to reprogramming, change, success and freedom. - Vikas Runwal
Social Awareness, Responsible Decision making, Self-Awareness, Relationship Skills and
Ms. Graham and Ms. Powell will also begin hosting small groups as well. Stay tuned for those notification letters regarding days and times.
Joshua Lockettemail@example.com: Grade 6 and Maholic Walsh teams- Tonya Grahamfirstname.lastname@example.org: Grade 8 and Nelson team-
Conferencing REQUIREMENT!! Please sign up NOW
IF YOUR CHILD HAD A D OR F IN ANY Class 1ST SEMESTER YOUR CHILD'S TEACHER IS TRYING TO REACH YOU TO SET UP A CONFERENCE.
Please meet with your child's teacher(s) to ensure your child is on the path for continued growth and improved academic success. Conferences will be held virtually between now and the end of February. Please let your child's teacher(s) know what dates would work best for you. At this meeting the discussion will focus on what variables impacted their grade and a plan of action moving forward to ensure they will grow.
Completion is due by 2/28 to ensure students have the steps needed for improvement
Yearbook dedication deadline
Our administrative team is available to assist with any and all SGMS questions or concerns. You may reach us at 336-674-4266 or by email. We love your partnership please reach out if you have suggestions or shout outs for our amazing staff.
Tracy Roof, Principalemail@example.com (students with last names P-Z)
Lorie Rainey, Assistant Principalfirstname.lastname@example.org (students with last names G-O)
James Moore, Assistant Principalemail@example.com (students with last names A-F)