April 9, 2021
Dates to Remember
April is National School Library Month
04/21 - Administrative Assistant Day
04/22 - Earth Day
04/27 - School Bus Driver Appreciation Day
04/30 - Arbor Day
05/01 - School Principal Day
05/03 - 05/07 - Teacher Appreciation Week
05/11 - STAAR Math (3rd and 4th Grades)
05/12 - STAAR Reading (3rd and 4th Grades)
05/12 - School Nurse's Day
05/14 - PTO Spring Fling
05/21 - Paws for Pride on the announcements - Wear GREEN for Resilience
05/26 - Last Day of School - Early Dismissal 12:10 PM
A Message from Dr. Lambert
Hello Bobcat Families,
I mentioned a few weeks ago that we would send out a survey to gather information parents would like to share regarding class placement for next school year. The survey, which is not required, is online and accepting information. You can find it here. Rather than sending an email, please enter your information in this form. When working on placement decisions for the coming school year, we will refer to the information submitted using this form. Please also know that we do not accept requests for specific teachers.
In addition, registration is open for the 2021-2022 school year. Current students do not need to re-register, but if you know families that are moving into our community or know families with kindergarten age children, please share the information below about registration for the 2021-2022 school year.
I hope you have a wonderful weekend, and we look forward to seeing all of our Bobcats next week.
Take good care,
Dr. Jarod Lambert
PreK, K, & New Student Enrollment
CISD Summer School Information
School is almost out, and it is time to think about summer programs. Conroe ISD offers several valuable programs over the summer. Here are a few:
- Students in kindergarten through sixth grade can attend Kids Quest Academic Courses. This program focuses on helping students with skills in their grade level. The cost is $150 per child, and parents must provide transportation.
- Students in second through sixth grades may attend Experiencing Robotics. The cost is $150 per child, and parents must provide transportation.
- Students in kindergarten through second grades are invited to attend Passport to Learning: ESL. This program is by invitation only due to the limited number of spots available. If you are interested in this program, please contact your child’s teacher.
You can find more information for all of these programs, including information regarding registration, at https://www.conroeisd.net/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/Summer-School-2021.pdf (English version) or https://www.conroeisd.net/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/Summer-School-2021-Spanish-1.pdf (Spanish Version)
Message from our Front Office
- All transportation changes need to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org before 2:00 PM each day.
- Car rider dismissal reminder: Entering the school driveway at dismissal is by right turn only. All traffic leaving the school should turn right onto Crownridge as well.
- Only visitors essential to school operations will be permitted to enter CISD facilities.
- All individuals entering the building must wear a face mask covering their mouth and nose.
- Visitors will be required to complete a COVID-19 screening form in the reception area prior to leaving the front office area.
- Only essential learning items can be dropped off on our outside drop off table.
- Students forgetting lunches will be allowed to get a meal from the cafeteria. Breakfast and lunch (one each per child each day) are free in the cafeteria this school year.
- Students forgetting a water bottle will be given one at school.
- Students need to have a mask on while riding a CISD school bus.
- Please remember that CISD property is tobacco free. There is no smoking/vaping while on school property. This includes carline.
Important Websites -
ParentAccess Center Account
Conroe ISD Website:
Conroe ISD Volunteer Online Application:
Online Lunch Accounts:
Conroe ISD Transportation:
BARBARA BUSH Book Fair -ONLINE ONLY
Shop Online April 12th - April 25th. Our Book Fair is online and helps our students discover new books, favorite characters, and more! Every purchase earns our school rewards for much needed resources. Plus, shipping is free on book-only purchases over $25. Thank you for instilling a love of reading and supporting our Book Fair
Referral Requests for Gifted and Talented Testing
Keep your Child's Information Current
If any of your phone numbers, your email addresses, or your physical address have changed, please contact the Bush registrar, Brenda Hooker, at email@example.com. Any address change will need to have a Proof of Residency such as a utility bill (gas, water, electric), lease, or buyers agreement/contract.
Summer Move a Possibility?
If you currently have plans to move over the summer please email our registrar, Brenda Hooker at firstname.lastname@example.org. There will be a summer move form sent to you via your child or emailed to you. We ask that you complete it and send it back to school. This will help in planning for next year.
Bush Elementary is so excited to welcome volunteers back into the building! While limited in the number of volunteers permitted each week and no student contact, having parents and guardians in the building enhances our school community! Your smiling faces have been greatly missed this year as was the immense help you bring to our teachers. For now, we are able to bring back volunteers to assist in the copy room and library. Copy Room work may include photocopying, laminating and other projects teachers and staff need help with. Library volunteers will assist in shelving and organizing books. (Sorry, no checking out books with students yet!) Also, younger children will not be allowed to accompany you at this time.
Please note you will need to complete the CISD Volunteer form before volunteering (found here: https://www.conroeisd.net/community/volunteer-in-cisd/) and each time you come to the building you will need to complete the Covid check-in. And please remember your mask!
CISD Police Department
A few friendly reminders in regards to school zone safety and car rider drop off safety:
- Please remember to remind your children NOT to cross until the crossing guards are at their posts in the morning.
- Please remember if you are in your car, to wait for the crossing guards not only to cross the children, but for the crossing guards themselves to make it back to the sidewalk.
- Please remember to stay off your cell phones when driving in school zones.
- Please remember their are NO DOGS allowed on school property. This is for your personal liability and the safety of all of our students.
- Please remember there are no U-turns in front of the school.
School Spring Pictures
If you would like to view your proof and order online for the school pictures that were taken in January go to: http://online.phototexasphotography.com/
The website will ask for you to input a keyword.
The keyword to your gallery is: 2021BPE and then your student's ID.
Example = If your student's ID is 123456 then the code is 2021BPE12345
For any issues or questions, please contact Photo Texas customer support at https://www.phototexasphotography.com/contact or call 1(800) 883-6463. You can also email Ellen at email@example.com
2021-2022 CISD School Calendar
The Bush Clinic needs your help!
We need donations of boys & girls pants and shorts (no shirts needed). Many times children will get muddy at PE or recess and will need a change of clothes. We keep the clothes in the clinic so that the children can change clothes at school instead of having to call home and have a parent bring a change of clothes.
Bush Clinic Phone - 936-709-1609
ISOLATION OR QUARANTINE:
· Students who are absent due to isolation or quarantine criteria who log in to SeeSaw or Canvas before 11:59 pm will be counted as a REMOTE ATTENDANCE.
· Students who are absent due to isolation or quarantine criteria who are unable to sign into SeeSaw or Canvas before 11:59 pm will be counted as an EXCUSED ABSENCE.
Per Conroe ISD guidelines: If your child has a fever or other symptoms that could be from COVID-19 and does not get tested OR is not cleared by their healthcare provider with an alternative diagnosis, it is assumed the child has COVID-19 and may not return to school until the following 3 criteria are met:
1. Has been fever free for 24 hours without the use of fever-reducing medication.
2. AND child has improved symptoms.
3. AND at least 10 days have passed since symptoms first appeared.
Please email or fax (936-709-1699) healthcare provider date of return to school confirmation or COVID-19 test results to the nurse firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com in order to return to school sooner than the 10 day isolation period.
MEDICATION POLICIES AND PROCEDURES:
Prescription medication must be in the original container, properly labeled including the student’s name, the name of the medication, directions concerning dosage, the schedule for administration, expiration date, and the date the prescription was filled. No expired prescription medication will be administered. No more than a ninety (90) day supply of a prescription medication may be checked in at one time.
Over-the-counter medications such as Tylenol, ibuprofen, cough or cold medicines that could potentially mask COVID-19 symptoms will require a written order from your child’s health care provider. Special Medication Note: Due to CDC COVID-19 guidelines nebulizer medications cannot be administered at school at this time.
CURB SIDE MEDICATION SIGN IN:
Please email or call the clinic if your child will require a scheduled or prescription medication for this school year. A medication permission form will be emailed to you, or let us know if you need to pick up a paper copy.
Medications will be dropped off via curb side delivery Monday-Friday between the hours of 8:30-2:30. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 936-709-1600 (front office) or 936-709-1609 (clinic) to let us know that you are here for medication drop off. Nurse Cheryl will come out to your car to collect the signed forms and medication.
Nurse Cheryl Kirchner, RN
Evelin Padilla, Clinic Assistant
Click here to visit Mrs. McGhee’s Virtual Counseling Office
Click here for Coronavirus Resources for Students and Families
Tuesday, April 6, 2021
Wednesday, April 7, 2021
Thursday, April 8, 2021
Friday, April 9th, 2021
Conroe ISD's School Messenger
All SMS messages received from the Conroe ISD District Office and your child's campus will begin with "Conroe ISD:" and come from the subscribe code 67587. If you have not yet opted-in to receive SMS messages, you can do so at any time throughout the school year by texting "Y" to 67587.
Spring Fling - Food Trucks, Family & Fun! Mark Your Calendars for May 14th
We Want Your Suggestions!
What would you like included in our Bush Basics gear next year? In year's past, we've offered water bottles, keychains, labels, tattoos, bows.... share your thoughts and ideas with us. We would love to know your ideas on what you would like to see sold!
Email our Bush Basics team at BushBasics@bushpto.com. Or, you can comment on our Facebook post @BushPTO.
Open PTO Board Positions
Secretary: This position is a member of the Executive Board and is responsible for taking meeting minutes at our monthly Board meetings and ensuring those minutes are disseminated to the board and posted on our website. The person is also responsible for scheduling a room at school for each month’s meeting (if allowed) or setting up a zoom meeting and creating badges for Board Members.
Parliamentarian: This position ensures that the PTO bylaws are being followed by the board and assists the board on questions of parliamentary procedure. This position also heads up the Nominating Committee when recruiting the new Executive Board (which occurs in the spring). It is important that this person is able to attend the monthly board meetings to be able to oversee them.
VP of Communications: This position is a member of the Executive Board and oversees the communications team (Social Media Coordinator, Webmaster, Marquee Coordinator, Membership Outreach and Volunteer Coordinator.) We have several experienced team members already in place. This position offers support to those team members and helps direct their efforts. A major component of this position is to find ways to regularly communicate with our parents, to help them feel
included and aware of what the Board is working on.
Email Caitlin at President@BushPTO.com, if interested.
Bush Elementary: A nurturing and inclusive community where students become empowered citizens and life-long learners. Every student, every day!
Our school hours are 8:00-3:10. Students may arrive as early as 7:30 and will go to their homeroom beginning at that time.
The Conroe Independent School District does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age in its programs and activities and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. The following persons have been designated to handle inquiries regarding these non-discrimination policies: Title IX Coordinator, 3205 W. Davis, Conroe, Texas 77304; (936)-709-7700 and the Section 504/ADA Coordinator, 3205 W. Davis, Conroe, Texas 77304; (936) 709-7670.