Sunflower Patch-Back to School Newsletter
WELCOME BACK - LETS STAY CONNECTED
Welcome back to Sunflower Elementary School. The faculty and staff look forward to a positive and productive year.
There are many ways to stay connected at Sunflower Elementary. It is important that you connect in all three ways if possible.
- Parents-Sign up in Infinite Campus to receive emails and texts from your child’s teacher and school.
- Anyone-Sign up for Panther Alerts on our district web page. These are generic texts for all patrons, but not student specific.
- Anyone-Like our Sunflower Facebook page and see up to date events and news.
The success of any educational institution depends on the support and cooperation between parents, teachers, and students. All of us must work together as a team to provide the best education program for our students. We look forward to working with you and your child this year.
3rd Grade Orientation and Scavenger Hunt
New for 2017! 3rd Grade Orientation will be held on Monday, August 14 at 6:00 in the Sunflower Gym. Following the presentation, you will get to tour the third-grade wing, visit with your child's teacher, and participate in an exciting scavenger hunt complete with prizes that will be given the first week of school. We want you to really get to know our building and staff members and this is a FUN way to do that.
To Join the Game
- Download the GooseChase iPhone or Android app to any smart device.
- Register for a personal account with a username & password of your choice.
- Search for the "Sunflower 3rd Grade Orientation" game.
If you don't have a SmartPhone-NO WORRIES. Email the office by Friday, August 11 and we will have an iPad ready for you to check out when you come to orientation night.
4th & 5th GRADE SNEAK PEEK
Tuesday, August 15 from 6-7pm
Bring your supplies and meet your teacher!
We have resources available to help families with school supplies, school clothes, or food items. If you need assistance please contact Lisa Wilson, school social worker at firstname.lastname@example.org or 913-294-8040.