Dissociative Identity Disorder
Or Multiple Personality Disorder
What is Dissociative Identity Disorder?
How is MPD caused?
Why is DID a concern in Australia?
How can you prevent DID?
- Speak with a counsellor or psychologist if you suffer from trauma or PTSD to prevent creating alternate personas.
-If you are being physically, verbally or sexually abused to find help by calling the police or a trusted friend or family member to escape from issue as soon as possible.
- Surround yourself with protective friends and family and tell them whenever you are struggling.
- Keep yourself mentally stimulated and create a plan for whenever you remember your trauma, are being abused or under a lot of pressure.
Facts About DID or MPD
-It is quite controversial as some people believe DID is a factitious disorder or is another disorder entirely
- There are many disorders linked to DID or are caused by DID
- Treatment of DID often requires many years and different treatments and remedies.