Why You Should Learn Proper Typing
Typing Incorrectly Can Lead to Health Issues!
What Health Problems Can Take Place?
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- DeQuervain's Disease
These are both bad health issues that can happen and they really aren't treatable. DeQuervain's Disease is where you overuse the tendons in your thumbs. When you tap the spacebar over and over again, it isn't healthy if you aren't taking breaks. You thumbs become useless after a while and they go numb and are just limp. Even if you have good posture, this disease can form.
Examples on How to Have Good Posture
Let Your Finger Glide Across the Keyboard, Don't Pound the Keys!
Proper Typing Can Help Get You a Good Job
Ways To Improve Your Typing Skills
- Make sure you forget any bad habits. Try to break them as soon as possible.
- Practice stroking the keys without pounding them.
- Try to keep your fingers anchored in the home position. Your left hand anchored on the keys J, K, L, and the colons. Your right hand should be anchored on the keys, F, D, S, and A. Your index fingers on F and J.
- Keep moving your fingers left to right on the keyboard. Practice using the right fingers on the right keys. It takes time to get used to extending certain fingers to specific keys.
- Don't move your hands around! Keep your hands still and in place, it makes typing easier.
- Become familiar with the keyboard as well. Make sure you know where every key is at so you can get used to only looking at the computer screen rather than keeping your eyes on where your fingers should be. Knowing where each key is on the keyboard will improve your typing speed greatly. You will not only be able to only look at the screen, but your speed will sky rocket!
- Don't always focus on your speed though. Make sure you strive for accuracy instead of speed. Yes, it is great if you can type fast, but would you rather have a million mistakes in an essay and get it done fast, or type an amazing and accurate paper that may take you a while but will pay off in the end?
- Lastly, just practice typing sentences. It doesn't matter what the sentence says, it will still improve you typing accuracy and it will help you learn the keyboard. Sooner or later you will be a fantastic typer and you will see great improvement in your skills.