Raureka School Term 3 Week 10
Newsletter 29 September 2021
Kia ora koutou katoa, Talofa lava, Kia orana,
We only have a few more days until the end of Term 3, and it has been a very different term with Lockdown. I want to thank you all for supporting us to make this term a successful one. Our children are doing extremely well and I am proud of them all. Let's ensure that Term 4 is a great term and our children have a great finish to the year. We are looking forward to moving to Level 1 and once again being able to invite parents back onsite to share assemblies and sporting events.
Even although we had to cancel a number of events we were still able to do lots. The Juniors ran their Enduro event, tamariki learned about how to look after their hearing, the Pacifica group performance was held at Toitoi, Ki-o-rahi training started, there were a few catch up cycling sessions completed and hopefully tomorrow the Seniors will have their Cross- country.
Next term we have a super busy time with Camp, EOTC week, Athletics, Swimming, Ki-o-rahi tournament, Kapa Haka Festival, end of year assembly and the Year 6 Social to name a few.
We had our last weeks assembly outside as the weather was fine, we will hopefully do this again this week- weather permitting. Unfortunately we still can't have parents attend as we are still in Level 2.
As we are still in Alert Level 2, please only enter the grounds if you need to. If you do you must also follow the Government regulations of signing in, using the Covid19 Tracer App, wear a mask and stay 2m away from others.
This Friday, 1st October, is the last day of term and children will be able to come in mufti, a gold coin donation for this will be appreciated. School will finish at the usual time of 2:55.
Yesterday we sent out the following notice to parents:
Over the years we have removed a number of older iPads from our school system because they have stopped running the apps we need at school properly. These are iPad mini's which will not update past iOS version 9.3.5 but still work and can be used for some apps and for browsing the internet.
We would like to offer these to our school whānau as they may be useful at home. They do not come with charging cords.
If you would like one sent home with your child please email Mrs Burns, firstname.lastname@example.org
We have a limited number and quite a few have already been snapped up. We have been handing them out on first come first served basis and this will mean that unfortunately some people will miss out.
Have a great two week break, we are really looking forward to seeing everyone back at school on Monday 18th October.
- Please remember that classes start at 8:55 a.m. each day and all children should be at school, unless they are sick, ready to start then.
- Children are required to wear our correct Raureka School uniform - no exceptions. Royal blue polo-shirt $30, royal blue polar-fleece $40 are both available from the office. Shorts, skorts, skirts, longs must be plain black and can be purchased in town.
- Please remember that in case of an emergency we need to have an up to date contact number for you and for your emergency contact person, also a current address - Please let the office know of any changes.
Our four values are :
Respect/Whakaute, Responsibility/Haepapa, Resilience/Pakari, Relationships/Whanaungatanga.
This week we are focusing on - Resilience/Pakari - which means, having the strength, courage and resourcefulness to persevere when you face challenges.
Expected behaviour for this week: be proud of yourself and others.
The following children received awards at last week's assembly:
R1 Malachi K, R2 McKenzie E , R4 Jaeziah P, R5 Taylah F, R7 Rylee F, R8 Te Koru H , R 11 -, R12 Kobi I , R13 Iharaira K , R14 Harlow S, R15 Lukah K-S, R19 Beautiful-Roze J , R20 Kane D,
R21 Nia-Rose R, ESOL Yahya G.
Hello Room 2 - what have you got to share with us this week?
"Room 2 has been making I-movies using some amazing poses to put in. We are working towards completing a 3-5 minute movie by the end of the year. We enjoyed our Digital Circus lesson with Tracey where she challenged us with a science experiment. It was so much fun!!!"
More changes in Room 12/13
- Last Day Term 3 - Fri. - October 1 Mufti Day (School Closes at 2.55)
- First Day Term 4 - Mon. - October 18 (School Opens at 8.55)
- Fri. 22 October- Hawkes Bay Anniversary No School
- Mon. 25 October -Labour Day No School
- Tues.26-29 October- Year 6 Camp at Guthrie Smith
- Wed. 27 October- Ki-o-Rahi Tournament
- Tues. 16 Nov Kapa Haka Festival
- Wed./Thurs 17/18 Nov. Murray Gadd here- Parent evening Wednesday 17th
- Mon 22 Nov Teacher Only Day- No School
- Fri. 10 Dec Reports given out
- Mon 13 Dec Year 6 Social
- Tues. 14 Dec Final Assembly 1:00 p.m.
- Last Day of 2021 - Wed. Dec. 15 (School closes at 12.30)
School Uniform – this is compulsory. No exceptions.
All children are required to have the school royal blue polo-shirt, royal blue hat, and on colder days the royal blue polar fleece jersey. All of these are available at the school office.
The lower half of the uniform (short, longs, skorts, skirts) must be plain black and can be purchased in town No stripes, no flowers etc, can
be purchased in town.
· Do your child’s records need updating?
- moved house?
- phone/cellphone numbers changed?
- living arrangements changed?
- emergency contacts changed?
- medical details?
We often have a few ‘bugs’ around the school.
· A common one is a nasty cough/flu type illness. Keep your children home if they have symptoms of this as it spreads easily.
· If your child has had vomiting or diarrhoea, they MUST stay home for 2 days after the last event. This illness definitely spreads quickly around the school.
· Headlice are always around so make sure that you check your child’s hair regularly (we suggest weekly) and treat the hair if necessary. We have treatments available from school for free. Just pop in and we can give you some.
· If your child is at all unwell, please keep them home so that they don’t pass bugs on to other children. Also if a child is feeling unwell they are not able to learn easily and are much better off at home snuggled up in bed.
Don’t forget to contact the school office to let us know when your child is unwell please.
Volunteers needed for supervision of our school patrollers. The children are well trained, it is just a matter of having an adult supervise from 8.30-9.00. We need help on the following days - Front Gate: Wednesday, Friday, Back Gate: Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday.