Weekly Updates from Mrs. K
February 5th, 2021
Teacher Feature - Mrs. Foster
I came to teaching later in life. I had not always dreamed of it as a career path. After helping in classrooms for my children, and with encouragement from their teachers and family, I finally thought I’d give it a go! Well, even though I have never worked so hard in my life, I have found teaching to be the most rewarding and fulfilling job I have ever had. I have spent my entire teaching career here at McKinley Primary. It has been such a pleasure working with an incredible staff that is so supportive. I am currently helping our students through our Reading Recovery program and I love seeing the growth in reading that occurs for those students. My favorite part about teaching is hearing from former students who wholeheartedly believe that I have had a major impact on their lives. The thing is, I truly believe that the reward has been entirely mine.
On a personal note, I enjoy spending time with my family. I have been married to my husband Tom for 25 years. My son Travis is a project manager for a design build construction company. My daughter Sydney is currently serving in the United States Navy as a submariner. I could not be more happy and proud of the wonderful things they are both doing. I look forward to someday teaching the children of the students I have served. I wouldn’t change this career for anything in the world.
Parent Training Opportunity from BCOE
Let's Keep Everyone Healthy and Our School Open
1. Screen your child for symptoms each morning before sending them to school.
2. Keep your child home for at least 3 days if they are not feeling well - sick children should not be at school regardless of the cause of the illness.
3. Keep the lines of communication with the school open - we all want what is best for your child and working together we can accomplish that!
Please keep children at home if anyone in the household is awaiting test results
Register New Kindergarten Students for the 2021-2022 School Year
CHARACTER TRAIT OF THE MONTH
Kindness Conversation Starters
- What does Kindness look like in our home? What does it look like in our neighborhood? What does Kindness look like in our extended family, our faith or spiritual practices, our community centers, our sports teams, etc.?
- Why is it important to show Kindness to people who aren’t kind to you?
- What acts of Kindness have others shown you lately and how did you respond? How did it make you feel? How does random acts of Kindness help you grow?