A Bi-Weekly Newsletter from the Hollymead PTO
October 10, 2021
Hello, Hollymead Hornets!
Thank you to everyone who came out to support the PTO during our first Dining Night Out of the 2021-22 school year! We had a great turnout despite the light rain, and we loved seeing everyone as we collected our delicious pizzas and popsicles. Special thanks to our sponsors for this event: Popitos and La Flor Michoacana!
A few scheduling reminders: We do have school Monday, October 11. October 13th is a half day for students. The afternoon will be professional development for teachers. Also, teachers are in the process of scheduling parent-teacher conferences. Make sure to check your email or check with your teacher for sign-up information.
Although we're still unable to hold many of our traditional fall events due to COVID restrictions, we are planning on hosting or supporting a few fun activities over the next few months, including classroom pumpkin decorating, an outdoor movie night, and Hollymead CARES Day. We'll be sending out more information about these events as we get closer to them. Please also remember that our Board meets on the first Wednesday of each month, and these meetings are a great way to learn about the ways in which the PTO is supporting the Hollymead community, as well as voice your suggestions about community events. Our next meeting will be on Wednesday, November 3rd at 7:30 PM (these meetings are virtual until further notice, and the link is at the bottom of this email). We hope to see everyone there!
Meagan Gregory & Crystal Pariseau
Hollymead PTO Co-Presidents
Our old Box Tops collection bin seems to have absconded at some point this school year (with at least some of our box tops!). So in its stead, please allow us to introduce Boxy McTopperson!
Boxy is hungry and needs Hollymead's help to make sure he stays full (and doesn’t run off to live with our old collection bin!). Luckily, feeding him is simple! It can be done in two ways:
- After shopping for eligible products at any grocery store, simply use the Box Tops for Education app to scan your receipt. If you’ve selected Hollymead as your school of choice, the app will scan your receipt and automatically apply 10 cents of every eligible purchase to Hollymead’s account (and Boxy will become fuller by proxy).
- Some products still require you to cut out the physical box top. Collect these and send them with your child to school, where they can feed them to Boxy themselves! These will be collected throughout the school year and mailed into Box Tops for Education.
You can find more information about the Box Tops program, including how to set up the app and start earning funds, here. Boxy’s goal this year is to raise $200 for Hollymead through Box Tops. We can do this!
(Also, if anyone has seen our old collection bin, please let us know!)
Attractions Book Deadline Extended
Great news! We are extending the deadline for the Attractions Book Fundraiser! The new deadline is Friday, 10/15! The purpose and goal for our fundraising with Attractions is to be able to raise enough money that we reduce the cost of field trips for every Hollymead student. If we buy or sell at least one book per student it will help us reach our goal of 350 books sold!
Attractions is a money-saving coupon book with thousands in LOCAL savings. Families save an average of over $370 a year using Attractions! Your fundraiser packet includes a coupon book to show, sell, or buy!
- SHOW THE BOOK – Show the money-saving coupon book to your family and friends. Ask them to help support our fundraiser!
- REGISTER YOUR SELLER PAGE – You can use the Free Seller Page to easily share our fundraiser with everyone you know by text, email, and social media. Upload a photo to personalize your page. Register at attractionsbook.com/seller/invite/HollymeadPTO
- LAST DAY OF FUNDRAISER: 10/15/21
- COST OF BOOK: $25. Collect payments for orders and return in the order envelope provided by 9/30/2021. Orders will be filled 09/30/21!
- PAYMENTS ACCEPTED: Cash, Checks -Make Payable to Hollymead PTO, Credit Cards (EZPay). EZPay is safe and secure. Go to attractionsbook.com/pay...EZPay Code: HollymeadPTO. Write the EZPay confirmation code for the order on your order envelope.
- Questions? Contact Kate DeLuca at email@example.com or 434-973-8301 call school and leave a message.
- If you cannot participate in our fundraiser, please return the book included in your fundraiser packet in its original condition immediately.
- SELL 5 BOOKS, GET 1 FREE! SELL 10 BOOKS, GET 2 FREE! EZPay Only!
Outdoor Movie Night
Outdoor Family Movie Night is returning to Hollymead! Stay tuned for more information!
Save The Date: Friday, October 22, 2021
The Hollymead Directory is coming! The Directory is free to all families and caregivers, and is the best way for us all to share contact information for play dates and get-togethers. There are two ways you can help support the Directory:
- Please make sure that your contact info is up-to-date in PowerSchool and that you have checked "YES" to the Directory when you verify your student's information.
- If you are or someone you know is interested in purchasing ad space in the Directory this year, please email HollymeadDirectory@gmail.com for more information.
Join the PTO
The Hollymead PTO Board is a fun group of family members who gather monthly to plan exciting activities for students and ways to support teachers and staff. Can you join us?
Board Positions Available:
- Co-Vice Presidents
- Communications Co-Coordinator
Non-Board Volunteer Opportunities:
- Book Fair Coordinator
While most positions are a 2 year commitment, you have a co-chair to assist you. Non-Board Volunteers are not required to attend the monthly meetings and are only active during limited times of the year.
All the best,
Crystal Pariseau, Meagan Gregory, Kate DeLuca, Sara Harrison, Shannon Hofer, Marion Hight, Vanitha Perumal, and Sarah Wilson
WED 10/13 Half Day; No Dance Club
THURS 10/14 Dance Club for 2nd & 3rd Graders
FRI 10/15 Attractions Books Due
WED 10/20 Dance Club for 4th & 5th Graders
THURS 10/21 Dance Club for 2nd & 3rd Graders
FRI 10/22 Movie Night
WED 10/27 Dance Club for 4th & 5th Graders
FRI 10/29 No School, Teacher Workday
Nov 1 & 2 No School, Teacher Workday
PTO Meeting Information
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 390 430 0889
One tap mobile
+19292056099,,3904300889#,,,,*446969# US (New York)
Dial by your location
+1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)
Meeting ID: 390 430 0889