Why to Take it and How to Prepare for it
Preparation: Do's and Don'ts:
- RELAX the night before the test. Cramming will not significantly help, and in fact, lack of sleep may prevent you from getting the best score possible.
- Review the INSTRUCTIONS ahead of time. This way you know what to expect on the test, and you are not flustered on test day trying to remember whether you can turn to the next page or if you will get a lower score for guessing.
- Make a STUDY SCHEDULE because the ACT is a test of your knowledge over many years, so it would be helpful to review, even if very briefly, the topics you may have learned two, three, or four years ago.
- PACK THE THINGS YOU'LL NEED for the test the night before. If you are prepared ahead of time, you won't have to worry about having everything you need on test day, so you can focus on doing your best on the ACT.
- Don't FORGET TO EAT a wholesome breakfast the day of the test. You are going to need a lot of fuel to power through the test!
- Don't STRESS. Stressing over the test is not going to help you succeed, and it will distract you from focusing on the day of the test.
- Don't SECOND-GUESS yourself. Chances are, if you think you are right, you probably are! You know more than you think!