It’s great to be back! I can’t wait to see which books will be discovered by our students this school year.
As you begin meeting with your teams, I wanted to share thoughts, changes and just some general library information with you:
- classes start the week of September 9
- let me know if you are starting a new reading program in your grade level that the library can support you with
- the library will not carry any more professional magazines for teachers (if you want back issues of Mailbox, let me know)
- I will share a Google form with you for book suggestions. I would love to have your input regarding materials needed to support your curriculum
- remember that Charlotte and I are here to pull materials for you :) Just give us an idea of what you need or send us a specific list~
- will you be assigning projects requiring research? Let me know how I can help! Wish your students could have some specific lessons about technology or digital citizenship? Send me an e-mail and I will teach it~
- students are still welcome to come outside of their scheduled library time to check out books. If you need them back in class by a certain time, please send a note with them letting me know
- sadly, our therapy dog Oakley passed away this summer...we are contacting the Austin Dog Alliance to request other canine reading companion. As soon as I connect with a new handler/dog, I’ll let you know!
As always, thanks for your flexibility and support,
I'll share more about it in September~