The Titan Times: Week 35
The River Place Elementary (RPE) Campus Newsletter
IN THIS EDITION:
- Message from Principal Sharp
- Mark Your Calendars and Links to District and Lunch Calendars
- Titan Community News
- Counselor's Corner
- Leander ISD Opportunities
- Growing a Titan Mindset and Connection Every Day!
Welcome back from a long weekend! Last week was phenomenal on campus. We held Career Day, the book fair, and STEAM night. Our campus community was buzzing with learning, laughter, and connection. Many thanks to Ms. Wade, Ms. Randall, and Ms. Shahidullah for supporting and connecting our staff, families, and community partners to make those events possible. Families, we cannot thank you enough for your continued love, support, resources, and time. It's truly magical to see it all come together for our students.
This week we have our PTA General Meeting (with child care), and next week we will have Dr. Bruce Gearing on campus for a coffee chat hosted by PTA. Be sure to read on for more information and be sure to RSVP. We also have a donation drive led by our Student Leadership Team (SLT)! Be sure to read on and engage as you can.
Let's make it a great week full of showing PRIDE in all we do in our community!
Take care and be well,
Dr. Amy Sharp
Proud RPE Principal
MARK YOUR CALENDARS
April: Child Safety Month
- 11-18th: Kinder to 1st Grade Performances (See flyer below and teacher weekly email)
- 12th: General PTA Meeting (See flyer below)
- 14th: Dowser Dan Show in Cafeteria for 2nd Grade
- 19th: River Place ES Bond Presentation by Dr. Bruce Gearing, Superintendent (See info)
- 20th: Spring pictures (More information coming)
- 21st: River Place ES Field Day Hosted by Our PTA
- 24th-28th: Office (Ms. Cmet, Ms. Smith, & Ms. Lewis) and Librarian (Ms. Eubanks & Ms. Gammie) Staff Appreciation Week
- 25th: 3-5th RLA STAAR Test/ 2nd Grade Field Trip (See teacher newsletter for info)
- 26th: 5th Science STAAR Test
TITAN COMMUNITY NEWS
Student Leadership Team (SLT) Service Project
WE NEED YOU: Watch D.O.G.S. Info
Dads (or those with influence over them!) …River Place Elementary would love your help on the following days:
- April 28
- May 5, 12 and 17
The WatchDOGS volunteer program is open for the spring semester. This is a full school day commitment to make a difference, meet the teachers and staff and get a good look at what your kids are doing every day. Memories will be made, kids will never forget, and the faculty will be grateful. We’d love to have you join us!
If you have any questions about the program please call or text Cuyler Owens at 512-483-1589. He has been volunteering over the last 10 years to support his 3 kids and has agreed to be the point of contact for any questions.
If you would like to be a Watch D.O.G., follow these simple steps:
Read through the expectations and sample schedule
If you have not done so already, register as a Leander ISD Volunteer
Marc Grace will contact you one week before your volunteer day with more detailed information.
Thank you to the volunteers that pitched in during the first half of the year and thank you for your feedback to make our program even better!
Events & Updates From PTA
River Place Elementary Titan Community
Here are our Titan Community Communication Tools-
- River Place Elementary School Website
- Twitter Account
- PTA Facebook Page
- Remind App for River Place Insiders
Location: 6500 Sitio Del Rio Blvd, Austin, TX 78730, USA